Ejecta on iOS8, performance gains?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • I think I saw big performance gains on CocoonJS on iOS 8, can we expect to see something similar in Ejecta any time soon?

Would be delicious to play around with some effects if we get headway with Ejecta.

I'm definitely not going back to CocoonJS because of their 200MB limit, because they force a logo in your game making it look like they've produced the game, but I'd love to see some activity from Ejecta on this, especially since Ejecta is so lovely

How is your Ejecta performance on iOS8?

• I wish my games would run in ejecta at all... When I use it on my Ipad4 the game always crashes. XCode Debugger shows me a 1GB ram usages in the beginning for a few seconds...

• I think it might be sounds. Do you preload all sounds at beginning? If yes, then don't and try it out again. It might work.

Ejecta for me, loads 10 times faster than CocoonJS, and it's a BIG project, with a lot of massive files and programing.

• I have a blog post covering the performance differences coming up, but in short I did not measure any significant performance difference in either CocoonJS or Ejecta between iOS 7.1 and iOS 8, but PhoneGap and Safari have seen some big improvements, and a future PhoneGap update should bring performance up to Safari level.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have a blog post covering the performance differences coming up, but in short I did not measure any significant performance difference in either CocoonJS or Ejecta between iOS 7.1 and iOS 8, but PhoneGap and Safari have seen some big improvements, and a future PhoneGap update should bring performance up to Safari level.

Hello Ashley. I don't have any ios device, so can you tell me, is this new safari updates and new WKWebView API are really so cool? What is with iphone 4s? Is it still has ugly performance with ios8, or now i can run games with physics(30 objects) and tiled backgrounds at 30fps or more? And after that future phonegap update, this means that i can run my games in safari in preview, and i get the same results after export to phonegap?

• Ashley Read it in detail with great attention, thanks for that. If there are no disk space limitations on PhoneGap, and in fact it runs better, and most importantly, they update it for performance at least in the next month, month and a half, we will use PhoneGap instead of Ejecta, insert some sleek looking effects.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)