Ejecta Exporter Experiences

0 favourites
  • BluePhaze,

I asked the same question in the other ejecta question thread and Ashley pointed out the plugin (which I'd missed in all the Ejecta excitement). It contains iAd controls... I'm just about to experiment with it to see if I can use my old Mac or will have to buy a new one...

• Brilliant!

• i have a quick test with ejecta on iphone5 today, it runs very well, uses less memory and cpu, compare to cocoonjs, compiled file size also smaller. but i notice an issue when i left the game to browser or ios interface and come back, the game speed went crazy like turbo. i haven't test iad, iap, gamecenter yet, but performance wise its very good!

• hollowthreat

I'm not surprised, iPhone 5 has very good hardware, however Ejecta is open source everyone can contribute to fix bugs and add new features such as memory management, I hope it should happen

• Joannesalfa yeah, which is hopeful for C2 iOS dev!

one other thing i notice, accelerometer on ejecta works quite different(probably not an issue), its reversed. and sensing differently too, its hard to explain.

• hollowthreat

Nice to know you had positive results with Ejecta! I intend to use it starting next week.

Are you creating your project with retina resolutions? Do you think retina on the iPad (1536x2048) will hold?

• yup i do my games in ipad's retina resolution, it works on both ipad and iphone. but the turbo issue i state earlier is a biggie, cocoonjs still the better wrapper at this stage.

• It's nice to know a high resolution is working ok with both exporters, I didn't know that! Thanks for the info

• hollowthreat - did you report that "turbo" issue as a bug with steps to reproduce?

• Ashley no, i wasn't sure where to report the issue, thought its ejecta's problem, and i got used to the 'no support' from using cocoonjs lol.

thanks for asking, i'll try reproduce the issue and report in bug section this week! i'll be very happy if we actually gets support with ejecta, good job team scirra!

• good news! ashley fixed 2 issue i mentioned earlier, no more turbo after re-enter game, and accelerometer is reversed to normal!

further testing and comparing the performance of ejecta and cjs, testing with a simple infinite game i'm about to release on iPhone5, here is the result from xcode debug monitor:

Loading the game at beginning(not counting the splash):

Ejecta is at least twice as fast to finish loading.

Title layout idle:

Ejecta use 30% CPU while Cjs use 70% CPU

In game:

Ejecta use 60~70% CPU while Cjs use 70%~100%

Ram:

Ejecta use 125mb, Cjs use 160mb.

• Damn, Ejecta is faster and uses less ram than CJS. Pretty beastly.

iAds working fine? How about IAP options with Ejecta?

This is gonna be a great year for HTML5 and C2.

• indeed a good year for C2 mobile!

i haven't test iAd, i couldn't get it to pull test ads from cocoonjs+mopub, do you know if i need to have the game approved(published) in order to get test ads?

no IAP in my game yet, so i couldn't test that. :/

• Guys, I know this is kinda off-topic but you've been active around here so I rather ask:

What's the situation regarding app updates? I remember people complaining that if you issued an update to the stores, the game's saves would be wiped.

Is that still happening?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • good news! ashley fixed 2 issue i mentioned earlier, no more turbo after re-enter game, and accelerometer is reversed to normal!

further testing and comparing the performance of ejecta and cjs, testing with a simple infinite game i'm about to release on iPhone5, here is the result from xcode debug monitor:

Loading the game at beginning(not counting the splash):

Ejecta is at least twice as fast to finish loading.

Title layout idle:

Ejecta use 30% CPU while Cjs use 70% CPU

In game:

Ejecta use 60~70% CPU while Cjs use 70%~100%

Ram:

Ejecta use 125mb, Cjs use 160mb.

Sounds great. Will it be included in next version?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)