Download Construct 2 public preview 42
Link to release 41.2
New this build: event includes!
A difference to Classic is that instead of choosing an event sheet by a right-click menu, a dialog pops up. This allows you to search event sheets, which is designed to be more manageable for large applications.
Double-clicking an include will open the event sheet it includes, allowing for quick navigation around event sheets.
Another new feature is I've now added a setup application. Previously the download was just a .zip with both the 32-bit and 64-bit editors pasted in. The setup application takes care of this for you:
- If you are on 32-bit Windows, the setup will automatically install the 32-bit editor. If you are in 64-bit Windows, the setup will automatically install the 64-bit editor.
- The setup should run even if you are on a limited user account (i.e. not an administrator). The default install directory will then be the user AppData directory. This should allow you to still install Construct 2 on computers in schools, libraries and workplaces where you are working in a limited user account.
- The filesize is actually smaller than the old .zip!
- Remember the install is portable, so you can install to e.g. a USB memory stick and take it with you.
The first two points need testing: I only have access to a 32-bit machine. For those of you with 64-bit systems, can you ensure the 64-bit editor is installed (open the About screen to find out) and let me know it installed the correct one?
Secondly, if you're on a limited account, can you verify the setup still works? I have tried it under a limited account I set up specially, but I want to check it works out there in the real world too.
Let me know how it works, thanks!
- [Feature] Event sheet includes
- [Feature] New setup program
- [Add] 'Move at angle' action to objects with a position.
- [Add] 'Add group', 'Add variable' and 'Add include' to the events ribbon tab.
- [Add] 'Export project' to file menu