Difference between on fall and is falling

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for an alternative to falling shapes, fully documented in comments and video
  • What is the difference between the Platform: Animation Trigger ''on fall'' and ''is falling''? I tried both here following the tutorials and I couldn't notice any difference.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I believe "On fall" will only trigger once the Sprite begins falling, whereas "Is falling" constant triggers whilst the Sprite falls.

Say you have a variable that starts at 0, and you use "On fall- Add 1 to variable", and make the Sprite fall, the variable would only reach "1". Whereas having "Is falling- Add 1 to variable", the variable will continue to go up until the Sprite is no longer falling.

Hope this helps!

• I believe "On fall" will only trigger once the Sprite begins falling, whereas "Is falling" constant triggers whilst the Sprite falls.

Say you have a variable that starts at 0, and you use "On fall- Add 1 to variable", and make the Sprite fall, the variable would only reach "1". Whereas having "Is falling- Add 1 to variable", the variable will continue to go up until the Sprite is no longer falling.

Hope this helps!

Yes, you really helped. Thanks a lot Jase00 ;)

• Sure thing, man!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)