Deprecated Third Party Plugins Question

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • Hello Construct Community -

I've been messing around a bit with the Firebase plugin by rexrainbow, and it's actually a really cool plugin! It's super simple to use, and firebase seems like a really powerful and user friendly database service. I've also recently just figured out a way to take in-app HTML5 purchases using paypal, and having those purchases update a firebase database, which can then be read back into your game (ie., in game currency purchases, etc).

I want to move forward with these tests and make some cool projects. However, rexrainbow no longer seems to be updating any of his plugins. What are the chances of a plugin like this being deprecated by a new C2 update? Would it be unwise to move forward, given that support for this plugin has ceased indefinitely?

Just wanted to ask around before I go and try to make something potentially big, and then end up in a pickle because I'm dealing with people's moneys.

Thanks everyone!

• As C2 is in 'maintenance mode', in that only bug fixes will be implemented, it's likely that current addons will continue to function.

• As C2 is in 'maintenance mode', in that only bug fixes will be implemented, it's likely that current addons will continue to function.

That's great - that thought crossed my mind after I posted this. There's always the possibility I guess that something could change one the Firebase end too...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • mudmask If you're concerned about firebase changing its API id check out rex back endless plugins, the service that was hosted is now open source so you could set up similar databases to firebase without worrying about API changes

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)