CS sales, discounts?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • I feel funny even asking this. C2 is the best purchase I have made in the last few years, and is worth every cent.

Some of my animation students are looking over my shoulder at my game making ventures. A couple of them have expressed that they would like to buy the full package but as kids, they don't really have the money.

Does Construct ever go on sale, or have some sort of discounts?

I was also wondering if there is a bulk discount? Maybe I can get the kids who are interested to pool their resources.

And lastly, Do I get any sort of perks for leading people to buy C2? (maybe forum badge, discounts of future purchases, an autographed picture of the developers?). Just asking out of curiosity, I do not expect anything, I am happy to help.

Once again, I would like to state how happy I am with my purchase. If I had to buy it again at $500 I would still be happy. The current price is beyond being reasonable, I would expect to pay $300+ for a package like this.

Also thanks for making the free version, the kids are having a lot of fun, without any instruction to speak of. I am quite sure at least 2 of them are going to be buying, or have bought this package already.

Thanks,

• I noticed that GameMaker went on sale over the Christmas period on Steam. If I was an existing GameMaker customer that would have really annoyed me, to the point of migrating to other software.

I think a static price point is the best way to set expectations and not frustrate existing users.

jojoe great work getting animation students interested though. I nearly took the animation route, but much prefer devving games now :)

• You get a nice little badge in the forums if you have purchased construct.

Speaking which... where's my badge? doh! :(

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • jojoe, there can be bulk prices for educational institutions, so perhaps something could be considered from here.

Send an email to licensehelpchu@scirra.com to discuss it/have more informations.

• I noticed that GameMaker went on sale over the Christmas period on Steam. If I was an existing GameMaker customer that would have really annoyed me, to the point of migrating to other software.

I think a static price point is the best way to set expectations and not frustrate existing users.

jojoe great work getting animation students interested though. I nearly took the animation route, but much prefer devving games now :)

Hi thehen,

Yeah, I am regretting my choice a little bit now, but thanks to C2 and Unity I am making up for lost time. Hopefully I can put together a small indie studio in the next few months and get some games out on the market.

It is really nice to be able to call the shots. I thank C2, and Unity for this. Now I do not have to make other peoples dreams, I can make my own come true.

I have a friend helping me out with PHP and Java so hopefully in a few weeks there will be a new multiplayer game on the market.

With any luck by next year I can call myself a full time game developer.

(Heck, I am shooting for under 3 months thanks to C2!)

anyway, I must agree, with your opinion of the static price. I was thrilled to see it as low as $130 USD.

• jojoe, there can be bulk prices for educational institutions, so perhaps something could be considered from here.

Send an email to licensehelpkaz@scirra.com to discuss it/have more informations.

Awesome!

When i do send the E-mail, there might be some thank you notes attached to it ;)

EDIT: sorry for the double post.

• justifun - it's shown on your profile page.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)