Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• Yes MikeMS , if you don't sign you apps manually(which is what I do and recommend, check this tutorial if you are curious) and you let programs like intelxdk or cocoon sign them auto for you, then you will have to create a new project in the google console.

Ok, thank you!

• Yes MikeMS , if you don't sign you apps manually(which is what I do and recommend, check this tutorial if you are curious) and you let programs like intelxdk or cocoon sign them auto for you, then you will have to create a new project in the google console.

If I haven't signed my app before and I already have it on Google Play, what happens if I start signing my app now?

• The same thing grigrizljac , you will have to create a new project for it. Just leave that app as it is and start manually signing your future apps.

• The same thing grigrizljac , you will have to create a new project for it. Just leave that app as it is and start manually signing your future apps.

Ok. But what happens if, for example, this computer stops working? What do I have to do so I'll be able to sign the app on another computer so I'll be able to continue posting updates on Google Play?

• grigrizljac Store your keystore file on a usb or dropbox so you can access it from anywhere

• grigrizljac Store your keystore file on a usb or dropbox so you can access it from anywhere

Where can I find it?

• Ok. But what happens if, for example, this computer stops working? What do I have to do so I'll be able to sign the app on another computer so I'll be able to continue posting updates on Google Play?

Well grigrizljac as long as your app is still present in the control center of the intel app dev center(here) and as long as you use the same identifiers in intelxdk and you just increase the version number then theoretically your app should be singed with the same key no matter on what computer/device you are, as you would be using the same account to log in.

But if the app should get deleted from there, or that server falls, or gets hacked, or there is a power outage, etc. then you might be screwed.

That's why it's important, in my opinion, to sign the app yourself, because then you are in control of the security of the key, and you can do whatever you want to make sure it's kept safe; eg. you can save it on different hdds, you can put it on a bunch of cds/dvds, some sticks, heck it's so small you could even save it on a floppy disk....(don't get me wrong you'd have to be crazy to still be using floppy's in this day and age, but hey you can do it if you so wish:D)

And of course doing it yourself helps for other reasons, for example because it gives you control over other settings as well, like how long the key is valid for(because once the key expires your app is done), and I have no idea how long a key created automaticaly by intelxdk(or other services) is valid for. When I create my own key I usually set it to be valid for 10.000 days. Which is about 27 years, so I think I'm covered, loool.

Olso I have no idea how you would integrate google game services(for leaderboards and stuff) with an automatic key. Because you need the SHA1, and I have no idea how you can get that if you don't physically own the key...

• >

> Ok. But what happens if, for example, this computer stops working? What do I have to do so I'll be able to sign the app on another computer so I'll be able to continue posting updates on Google Play?

>

Well grigrizljac as long as your app is still present in the control center of the intel app dev center(here) and as long as you use the same identifiers in intelxdk and you just increase the version number then theoretically your app should be singed with the same key no matter on what computer/device you are, as you would be using the same account to log in.

But if the app should get deleted from there, or that server falls, or gets hacked, or there is a power outage, etc. then you might be screwed.

That's why it's important, in my opinion, to sign the app yourself, because then you are in control of the security of the key, and you can do whatever you want to make sure it's kept safe; eg. you can save it on different hdds, you can put it on a bunch of cds/dvds, some sticks, heck it's so small you could even save it on a floppy disk....(don't get me wrong you'd have to be crazy to still be using floppy's in this day and age, but hey you can do it if you so wish:D)

And of course doing it yourself helps for other reasons, for example because it gives you control over other settings as well, like how long the key is valid for(because once the key expires your app is done), and I have no idea how long a key created automaticaly by intelxdk(or other services) is valid for. When I create my own key I usually set it to be valid for 10.000 days. Which is about 27 years, so I think I'm covered, loool.

Olso I have no idea how you would integrate google game services(for leaderboards and stuff) with an automatic key. Because you need the SHA1, and I have no idea how you can get that if you don't physically own the key...

Ok, thanks.

Let me ask imaffett if they have a backup of those keys and how much time they are valid?

• grigrizljac - you can email us to get your Android keys. You can email the support team - https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk or post there

• grigrizljac - you can email us to get your Android keys. You can email the support team - https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk or post there

Thank you.

• imaffett

Is it me or the CW14 builds add these permissions?

android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Is there a way to disable them? If I don't use them why are they included?

I didn't have this problem with CW12

• Short question: when i have build my app with intel xdk it says on the build log: Crosswalk Version: 11.40.277.7

Is this the new version (cw 14)?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • uhmmm, again (will not make a new Thread here for this short question: Crosswalk Version: 11.40.277.7 ---> is this vers. 14 from crosswalk (or 11)??????????? (because the dots in the number)

• uhmmm, again (will not make a new Thread here for this short question: Crosswalk Version: 11.40.277.7 ---> is this vers. 14 from crosswalk (or 11)??????????? (because the dots in the number)

• I have a question:

In the Crosswalk documentation (https://crosswalk-project.org/documentation/about/faq.html) they wrote:

[quote:1elni2y6]Does Crosswalk for Android use the Android webview?

No. Crosswalk is effectively a modified version of Chromium, the open source basis of the Google Chrome browser.

So when I run the project compiled with Intel SDK I expect that my app is based on Chromium and behaves like Google Chrome. But I get the following message from the app: "Advanced audio in not supported. Try Google Chrome"

Does it mean that my app uses Android webview and not Chromium?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)