Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• - I do not think so right now. Previously we allowed it. I will double check tomorrow.

• imaffett IntelRobert

Any news about expansion files? There was some news long time ago and it all went dark since then.

We have a plugin available, but there are some issues in Cordova builds I'm hoping to resolve soon. There also needs to be a Construct plugin for it too then.

• imaffett

I created a new project with letters and numbers in the name and all the time I get "the build fails". I can use those assets in other project without numbers on it and it works, so I believe it has to be something with the project name.

Thanks

• > imaffett IntelRobert

>

> Any news about expansion files? There was some news long time ago and it all went dark since then.

>

We have a plugin available, but there are some issues in Cordova builds I'm hoping to resolve soon. There also needs to be a Construct plugin for it too then.

That's not perfect but still very good news, thank you

• Well, I don't know why we are not able to use numbers in the App ID

• Hi,

I just came across a weird situation today. Now when I upload an update to Google Play it says

Upload failed

You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: 5F:1F:66:25:07:29:79:D1:B2:52:91:E9:0F:DA:2F:19:3B:27:8D:9E ]

and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: 32:37:51:EE:E6:6C:2F:AA:50:D5:31:0E:70:37:1A:C3:1C:B2:45:FD ]

I just couldn't delete this post so I decied to tell you that I have found out that I have somehow created 2 accounts for Intel XDK and I solved the problem. sorry for bothering this thread.

Happy Developing

• Question. Intel® XDK - Release - 2015 June 29 v2170

There's a page "Choosing Crosswalk* Build Options: Shared or Embedded" and a line "Shared model builds are much faster than embedded model builds."

What exactly does that mean? Projects build with share model works faster in overall or just lunch faster?

Can't find any specific info about that on intel page nor a crosswalk page.

• Question. Intel® XDK - Release - 2015 June 29 v2170

There's a page "Choosing Crosswalk* Build Options: Shared or Embedded" and a line "Shared model builds are much faster than embedded model builds."

What exactly does that mean? Projects build with share model works faster in overall or just lunch faster?

Can't find any specific info about that on intel page nor a crosswalk page.

intel create shared crosswalk to get a small apk size (but it's not a solution at all since users will automatically skip that and delete the app ... i say it by my own experience)

and this shared mode is based on crosswalk 14 (wich has a lot of bug fix and performance optimization, admob fsp drog and a fix for skia on old device)

but the embeded mode is based on crosswalk 12

they are working to implement the cw14 on embeded so keep wait ...

• matrixreal Did you even read my question before answering?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

I just came across a weird situation today. Now when I upload an update to Google Play it says

Upload failed

You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: 5F:1F:66:25:07:29:79:D1:B2:52:91:E9:0F:DA:2F:19:3B:27:8D:9E ]

[ SHA1: 32:37:51:EE:E6:6C:2F:AA:50:D5:31:0E:70:37:1A:C3:1C:B2:45:FD ]

I just couldn't delete this post so I decied to tell you that I have found out that I have somehow created 2 accounts for Intel XDK and I solved the problem. sorry for bothering this thread.

Happy Developing

Thank you for the update. It is always helpful when people solve their own issue and post back with the solution.

• Hello!

Trying to make a workable build with Intel XDK for Android+Crosswalk, but encountered some issues that can`t resolve by myself:

1. My project has external files (jpg pics) that inside the project and when needed they loads. In testing and even in XDK emulator it works fine, but after compiling apk and starting game on real device this pictures don`t loads... I tryed enabling "file" and "file transfer" plugins but this dos not help.

2. Game loading is veeery slow in comparison with just Android buid (maded in Intel XDK too, but without Crosswalk) and also I have less fps. But in just Android build I don`t have music and sound atall, so it does not fit.

Thanks for any help! and sorry my english

XDK version is 2170, and C2 - 206

• MikeMS Hi please check my tutorial on exporting from Construct2 and building at XDK. I need to update the tutorial haven't done yet sorry the exporting process is explained according to older versions of Construct2. Only you need to select Export as Cordova in construct2 when exporting. other than that I am sure it will be helpful..

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1353/h ... lkphonegap

• MikeMS Hi please check my tutorial on exporting from Construct2 and building at XDK. I need to update the tutorial haven't done yet sorry the exporting process is explained according to older versions of Construct2. Only you need to select Export as Cordova in construct2 when exporting. other than that I am sure it will be helpful..

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1353/h ... lkphonegap

Thanks, but no, this does not help me...

• Keep trying with exporting to Mobile platform... And this time I choosed "deprecated" CocoonJS and ludei Canvas+ and.....

Wooooow!!! I dont expect so significant boost in performance! Yes, now I need to rebuild my in-app billing system and get premium account from them to get it worked... But, now my game at least playable at very comfortable fps and game loading time is much-much faster!

Sorry, but with all my thanks to really great C2 and good guys at Intel - I can`t understand why Ashley is recommended to export with Crosswalk using the Intel XDK, while for this time Cocoon is the only option to make game running with playable performance... Just to compare, with my game: with IntelXDK+crosswalk12 I got about 15 fps and just unbelievably long game loading time, And with CocoonJS+Canvas+ I get around 50-60 fps and almost instant loading time. Plus to this, support of Android 2+ and smaller installer file.

Yes, I understand that is good to have one target "engine" to run on - Chromium, but while it is too slow to work with games - its absolutely not an option. Sorry if it sounds too offencive, but after spending a lot of time and brain cells trying to get project run smoothly on Android+Crosswalk, plus, reading all posts above about lags - it is just like that.

And a little question:

I want to upload ludei`s build to appstore after IntelXDK builds, but got this error message:

---

Upload failed

[ SHA1: bla-bla-bla ]

[ SHA1: bla-bla-bla ]

How to resolve this? I need to create new project in Google Developer Console to upload signed ludei`s apk? Like volcank did (few posts earlier)?

Thanks all for patience and reading my bla-bla-bla -)))) but it realy important for me!

• Yes MikeMS , if you don't sign you apps manually(which is what I do and recommend, check this tutorial if you are curious) and you let programs like intelxdk or cocoon sign them auto for you, then you will have to create a new project in the google console.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)