Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• I have found the solution:

After import the C2 files inside IntelXDX, you need to click on the upgrade button next to the Project Type in Project Info section. This will change the default Standard HTML5 project to HTML5 + Cordova project. Then, the you can add the Admob plugin inside Plugin section.

• After update I can't build with VersionCode that I specify... The system (Intel XDK) always returns version 60000 (Updated "versionCode" to "60000") but I write version 7 in the build settings... someone is experiencing this issue?

I've this problem after update... so I can't upload to Google Play.

• New Projects need to be Cordova. When importing, you need to speficy Cordova.

Sorry for the confusion. I know with each release, they are changing the whole project management part. I understand it is frustrating to have to figure it out.

• Does anyone know if app preview on iOS is representative of final performance?

I know running my game on android app preview is a lot slower than the final APK but as I understand android is better optimised? (crosswalk?)

• majesticAsFk - yes iOS performance is representative. For Android, if you use the "debug" tab and your device tethered, you will be able to test your app in Cross Walk

• Ah ok, thanks for the answer - I was hoping for some hidden performance gains!

• After update I can't build with VersionCode that I specify... The system (Intel XDK) always returns version 60000 (Updated "versionCode" to "60000") but I write version 7 in the build settings... someone is experiencing this issue?

I've this problem after update... so I can't upload to Google Play.

We are looking into this issue. The bug was introduced last week on the Cordova builds only. I will let you know when it's resolved.

• GSE

C2 won't export to Cordova if I set fullscreen to off.

imaffett

New XDK has no option for Crosswalk v11, just v7 and v10. XDK's new press release says 'updated to Crosswalk V11'.

...?

We are working on getting that support out. It's independent of an XDK release, so you should see it as an option in the coming weeks (hopefully)

• > After update I can't build with VersionCode that I specify... The system (Intel XDK) always returns version 60000 (Updated "versionCode" to "60000") but I write version 7 in the build settings... someone is experiencing this issue?

>

> I've this problem after update... so I can't upload to Google Play.

>

We are looking into this issue. The bug was introduced last week on the Cordova builds only. I will let you know when it's resolved.

imaffett ok, thank you!

• imaffett

I have two problems with the new XDK:

1. Builds with Crosswalk v10 crash on opening on a Hudl 2. Builds with version still 7 run fine. Not sure what has changed?

2. Audio lag is still a problem, from pressing a button to actual playback (this is nothing to do with preloading sounds BTW) Any outlook if audio lag can be improved?

Thanks

Alan

• We do not have a hudl2 . If you can hook up your device and get the log from ADB/Logcat, that will give us more info to look into

• I just got published at Google play and Its strange that the Crosswalk version is so much slower than playing straight from web-page. My game gets really good performance with all of my mobile devices when I play it from web, but the performance drops drastically when using crosswalk.

Google Play

HTML5

• neverk

that's the paradox of Scirra:

jittering Crosswalk is terrible for any serious games,

but CocoonJS was the "bad boy" who was deprecated,

lol

• szymek - we are investigating the Crosswalk performance issues. I most cases, users come on here and complain, but do not provide any relevent info. What we need

1) Device testing on

2) OS the device is on

3) APK to test

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • on my old Sony Xperia Ray with Android 4.0 the bottle neck with crosswalk apps is the devices memory i think, especially for small games there is big difference in memory requirement, could that be the issue of difference between direct play on web and packed with crosswalk?

on this old device the games packed with "normal" cordova Android build run better then when packed with crosswalk although it has to run on poor android 4.0 webview

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)