creating a multiplayer game like Quiplash

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • I wanted to know if a game like quiplash was possible with construct 2. If you didn't know what quiplash is, its a multiplayer game (up to 8 people) where people play with their devices. You can have the host game on pc (downloaded from steam) or other platforms like mac, ps4 etc and everyone connects to the game through a browser on a device (smartphone, tablet, pc/mac, etc). Each round the players input answers to different questions on their devices and these answers are used for everyone to vote on afterwards. Answers are displayed on the host game screen and the ones with the most votes receive points. The players don't have to be on the same wifi network. As long as they can connect to the internet, go to the website and enter the room code, they can participate.

I have an idea that is similar to that but just a different question format. Is this type of multiplayer possible with Construct 2? I wanted to test out things myself but I saw that the multiplayer feature isn't available in the free version and I thought it would make sense to ask this here before spending the money.

• I wanted to know if a game like quiplash was possible with construct 2. If you didn't know what quiplash is, its a multiplayer game (up to 8 people) where people play with their devices. You can have the host game on pc (downloaded from steam) or other platforms like mac, ps4 etc and everyone connects to the game through a browser on a device (smartphone, tablet, pc/mac, etc). Each round the players input answers to different questions on their devices and these answers are used for everyone to vote on afterwards. Answers are displayed on the host game screen and the ones with the most votes receive points. The players don't have to be on the same wifi network. As long as they can connect to the internet, go to the website and enter the room code, they can participate.

I have an idea that is similar to that but just a different question format. Is this type of multiplayer possible with Construct 2? I wanted to test out things myself but I saw that the multiplayer feature isn't available in the free version and I thought it would make sense to ask this here before spending the money.

Making muliplayer games is challenging, to say the least.

You can probably answer your own questions if you read the relevant section in the Manual, which aside from explaing how multiplayer works, includes links to 4 tutorials.

IF you thoroughly research this, you should have enough information with which to make your own assessment.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am currently reading the manual for multiplayer. I finished the first tutorial and it mentioned the signalling server. It had a web address . Would that be the address everyone who wants to join the game has to go to?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)