Create a visual novel in Construct2?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • A new idea I'm playing with. What do you think of making a Visual Novel with Construct2? Someone made a demo here:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

C2 isn't the only option. There is also Ren'Py (http://renpy.org/why.html), a free program specifically designed to create Visual Novels. It creates .exe files though.

Then there's Corona SDK, which specializes in making mobile apps, but can also be used to make ebooks (http://www.anscamobile.com/corona/ebooks/).

The obvious advantage C2 offers over either of these is that it's playable from the Internet, so no need to download anything.

Although, you do have to "point and click" to create events, and since Visual Novels have a lot of text in them, this could get annoying (as opposed to simply typing out code like in Corona or Ren'Py).

What do you think?

• I think C2 should cater eventually to all genre of games. The multi-tool knife of game makers, which has behaviors/plugins and editors for fighters, adventure/visual novel games etc.

• If most of the visual novel is images, it should be really easy to set up in C2.

• isual Novel/Dialogues example - LINK

The thread about this video, the capx and the following discussion about how to make it in C2.

More can be found about dialog systems (which is the more "coding" part of a visual novel) in the how do I FAQ section "RPG" (and globaly looking for the keyword "Dialog" in the post).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • isual Novel/Dialogues example - LINK

The thread about this video, the capx and the following discussion about how to make it in C2.

More can be found about dialog systems (which is the more "coding" part of a visual novel) in the how do I FAQ section "RPG" (and globaly looking for the keyword "Dialog" in the post).

As usual, excellent response Kyatric. Thanks. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)