Create a demo on browser ?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hey everyone, I would like to send a playable version of the dumb game I'm working on to a friend (playable on his browser), but I'm not sure of the procedure. I have to add the Browser object to my project and...then ? The detailed documentation shows how to use it, but not how to set it. I suppose that enter a web address isn't enough to achieve the deal. May I ask you how do you do this ?

Thanks in advance =)

• By default C2 exports HTML5 games that are playable in the browser.

Simply export as website, host online and give the URL to your friend.

• You can create a standalone version by exporting using NW.js, or if you want it to be playable through a browser, then you should export as HTML 5 and upload all the exported files to a hosting service such as Dropbox etc and provide them with a public link to the index.html.

edit

Ninja'd by Kyatric

• I tried with DropBox and the only result is a link which let the possibility to download the html file. I would like to make something like that :

http://www.scirra.com/labs/physics/index.html

Is that possible with DropBox ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes it is ; don't share the repo, just place your game dir in a publicly available location, and get the public link for the index.html file. That's what you give others to test your game

• Indeed, thanks for your help ! My friend can now see a black screen with the following message "HTML5 is not supported by your Browser, please update it" or something like that. BUT he actually HAS the last version of FireFox and Chrome (we tried on these two). I tried too, and I've got the same result.

Do you have any idea ?

• You can also get that message if you forbidding javascript from running, such as can happen when using the NoScript Firefox addon.

• Ok, but I don't have any addon except Adblock, which I disabled to test and get the same result again :/

• UP anyone ? :/

• Does the microsoft browser work?

Besides addons you'll have to look in your browser's settings to see if javascript is disabled. By default it wouldn't be disabled, so presumably your friend disabled it, or some antivirus/security software he uses disabled it.

As an example for chrome I found it under settings->advanced settings->context settings...

In the javascript section there are settings to disable it completely or block or allow certain sites.

• Is dropbox secure for a website that offers free online HTML5 games for desktops and tablets?

• [quote:fmgho3hx]Does the microsoft browser work?

Besides addons you'll have to look in your browser's settings to see if javascript is disabled. By default it wouldn't be disabled, so presumably your friend disabled it, or some antivirus/security software he uses disabled it.

As an example for chrome I found it under settings->advanced settings->context settings...

In the javascript section there are settings to disable it completely or block or allow certain sites.

He (and I) can't run the index.html I uploaded on DropBox but we can both play any Javascript games anywhere on the net ! The problem is not from our browser I guess. So I'm still lost, and my friend still can't try what I want him to try

[quote:fmgho3hx]Is dropbox secure for a website that offers free online HTML5 games for desktops and tablets?

I think it is, anyway, if we can't use it, what can we use to send (easily) demos of our games ?

• try www.bitballoon.com

2. Export your game as "HTLM5 website"

• I tried BitBalloon but they say that my site doesn't have index.html...which is false, it has. How do we have to proceed exactly ? I export my project, compress it and drag it in BitBalloon or just the index.html or just a zip with the index inside only...(I tried everything without any result by the way, I suppose I didn't understand how it works)

• I export my project, compress it and drag it in BitBalloon or just the index.html or just a zip with the index inside only...I tried everything....

How do we have to proceed exactly ?

just export from C2 and drop entire folder in...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)