After writing this (before reading your post) I made the name-change "trick". After it failed I used this program "DiskInternals ZIP Repair" to fix the file. So far it seems it fixed the issue.
I didn't think the BSOD was C2 fault. My PC works on the (poor) internal graphic "card". One day I'll replace it.
I think I'll stop using the CapX option. Putting all eggs in one basket is too risky. I wasn't cool to feel as if all the work I've done vanished.
As far as I understand the other option works with text files. If I'm not wrong here it's much safer when things go wrong (BSOD, electric failure, Meteor strike, EMP).
As for backups I agree with you completely but I'm sure you know the Murphy law about backups.