Control Memory Usage

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Memory game, with 10 levels for you to have fun. Made in Construct3, template available for purchase.
  • Dear Ashley,

I use construct now for more than one year and I really love it!

But there is one thing that negatively affects my work

I develop mobile apps and everybody knows about the problem with memory usage. I agree that mobile hardware is limited and we shouldn't use huge images in apps. But there are other applications, which use more than 400MB of images without any problems.

I understand when C2 needs to load all images in the beginning (which is perfectly fine, since i can replace huge images with 1px * 1px images and reload them later when needed).

But I beg you, please let me remove images from memory. I use CocoonJS and they even offer a function img.dispose(), which should unload the image from memory. But this doesn't work with C2 (I have no clue why).

If C2 offers resource control (like unloading/loading images), huge apps won't be a problem anymore.

ludei maybe you can contribute something to this discussion. I already contacted your support and posted in the forum, but didn't get any help yet.

Thank you for your attention!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)