This is very great . But with this, I think there are advantages & disadvantages.
1)Easier to share .capx as you suggested.
2)Faster replies like messenger, so we feel connected with the people we talk with.
4)More Active Members since we can be notified or messaged.
5)We can just ask instantly to online members.
6) Good cause we find ways to innovate
1) There will be less people to ask in the How Do I category of the Scirra Forum. If that happens:
2) The Forum might lose active members, and if that happens,
3) There will be lesser new topics, and if that happens,
4) There will be less solved topics in the forum. And there will be fewer guides for people who are still learning or have similar solved problems with other people but aren't shared
since it is solved using a chat application. So the solutions for problems won't be indexed by Google and the content will be hard / impossible to find.
5) As I said, fewer Google Searched Solved Topics linked from the Scirra Forum. Lesser documentations.
Well this is just what I think. But good thing you though of this, though.