I want to congratulate with C2 creators

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • I'm building a very complex game with C2. It is a simulation game where a whole ecosystem is simulated trough many viariables like humidity, water, terrain fertility, weather, seasons etc. Animal AI and plant energy mechanics are also simulated...

I MUST absolutely say that what i'm creating is simply too complex for a simple game making program; C2 is much more than that, if you know how to use it. I'll throw you something about the game in future if you're interested.

Congrats to C2 developers, you really rock! Every new update is just amazing and i cant wait for the upcoming update!

• That sounds awesome!

• That sounds very interesting. It´s hard to belief , performance wise. Maybe you can show us a teaser, or a demo. I am a bit sad about fullHD performance with construct 2. Anyway i like it , cause of the great possibilities and the fast game construction. Keep us up 2 date ...

• This is a quick preview i'm throwing here, there is also a survival mode where you either control an animal or a human, with very complex survival mechanics

• looks really cool!! but graphics of small and big triceratops are pixelated, please make it look as HD grahpics

• C2 can make very complex games, the major limit is your own ability.

Saying that, on mobiles, its a different story.

• Yep, the limits relies on the own skills, but also from the software side it has to have good scripting possibilities & performance. For example, i played a demo of Airscape in fullHD (really beautiful game), than the performance go´s down and i got some stuttering. As i played it in HD it runs perfect on my machine. So my guess is, the higher the resolution is, the more bad performance you get. My System: i7 q3630qm & geforce GT 650M .

• Thanks for a preview. It looks really good & brutal . It reminds me a bit to "Jurrasic Park" (one of my favourite movies). How big is the map you have created ? And how many dinosaurs / objects are interacting with each other ? I guess you have to hunt and feed the big guys...right

• The good part is that i manage to optimize it relatively well so far: a major factor impacting performance which is map size; the bigger the map, the more object will be there. Adjusting map size before starting a game will have a huge impact on performance and will even allow to play via phones

• I saw your game on Steam a while ago and immediately knew it was a Construct game I was also a bit jealous/motivated. That being said, congratulations on pumping out a game, and getting it out there! It's not easy, we all know that.

I'm working on a different kind of simulation, closer to sim tower and I'm wondering how you managed performance so well? I'm assuming from the amount of detail in the dinosaurs (stat wise) that they probably don't just disappear when off screen. How much did you utilize the timer behavior, if it all?

Your experience with many variables and optimization is invaluable. I'm just wondering if you'd like to share any optimization tips not found in the manual, especially for handling large amounts of variables and different kinds of persistent objects which (presumably continue to exist and develop while not on screen) if in fact that is the case.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I saw your game on Steam a while ago and immediately knew it was a Construct game I was also a bit jealous/motivated. That being said, congratulations on pumping out a game, and getting it out there! It's not easy, we all know that.

I'm working on a different kind of simulation, closer to sim tower and I'm wondering how you managed performance so well? I'm assuming from the amount of detail in the dinosaurs (stat wise) that they probably don't just disappear when off screen. How much did you utilize the timer behavior, if it all?

Your experience with many variables and optimization is invaluable. I'm just wondering if you'd like to share any optimization tips not found in the manual, especially for handling large amounts of variables and different kinds of persistent objects which (presumably continue to exist and develop while not on screen) if in fact that is the case.

Hey! You guessed right, dinosaurs don't just disappear when off-screen, just like everything else (except rain/snow or decals/effects), this because everything is permanent and emergent (it's the main concept of the game!).

Performance are not so well compared to what a native, non html5 export would do, but it is relatively well because it can scale depending on computer power: i've added tons of game creation options to reduce the number of objects in the game (such as island size, terrain quality, fertility etc). The main performance killer is, in fact, the number of objects rendered, and DinoSystem has plenty, from terrain "patches" to seeds, plants and animals.

My main performance tip would be to avoid the engine to perform work on every instance every frame (by applying timers wherever possible), and to know and control how many objects the game has to draw and calculate in the layout.

Also, creating an instance is less performant than just moving one, so if you need to use a sprite for collision check or other things, it is advised to use just 1 sprite that is moved to whatever position is needed (using for each where needed, but try to avoid doing it every frame).

• hey man, i'm watching your S.T.E.P. on skyrim

i'll have to give myself a try on your game, seems fun and interesting, i'm currently too busy to start developing my own, but i have some ideas aswell

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)