Compatibility with Nvidia Shield TV

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Versatile shieldpack, usefull for protecting ships or buildings, area-forcefields, creating shockwaves ...
  • I have games out on Steam that run on NWJS, and someone posted a question I have never seen before on my page:

"Hey there. I was just wondering if there was some way to get this game to run on an Nvidia Shield TV. When I run the Steam Link I am able to play my other games but not this one. It just gives me a black screen with only the mouse cursor being visible. It would be great to be able to play this game on my couch."

I looked up the Nvidia Shield TV and it seems like it's its own sort of computer or something? I don't know if that means it needs something extra to support NWJS apps, or if it's just something that is currently not compatible with NWJS at all.

If anyone is familiar with this could you give me some pointers? I really have no idea what to tell this guy at the moment.

• I have a shield.

It is a android tv device that uses powerful nvidia hardware similar to that used in a Nintendo Switch. in fact it is about the same size. and is really intended as a strange android console contender.

it comes with fantastic xinput joypads and many android developers make specific high spec versions of their apks for shield that can use the extra hardware and joypad.

as it is android it will run apks and it will run games through the browser.

it is also specifically designed to be used for various game streaming services including, what you are talking about, steam link, which is streaming games over a local network using steam from PCs that have nvidia graphics cards ( i think they need to be gforce/gtx) in a way that allows you to play your high end AAA PC games processed on the PC but video streamed to the shield and controller intput fed back to the PC, so you can play in another room on a big tv say, with pretty much no lag.

how you get an NWJS steam game working through steam link streaming to the shield I have no idea.

But would be happy to help you test if you like.

i found an old steam thread here with the same issue but it goes nowhere

steamcommunity.com/app/414920/discussions/0/357284131805931131

• Got it. Thank you so much for your reply!

It sounds like NWJS just may not be compatible with that particular device at the moment, which is a shame. In any case, I'm just happy to have a response!

Thank you again for your time!

• If so it may be worth contacting NVIDIA and steam as NVIDIA especially are pushing their game streaming services hard and would be interested to know that some games are not compatible for whatever reason.

I have a couple of construct 2 games in my steam library. When I've got some time I will see if they work with Steam link to the shield.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's a good idea. Thanks again, I appreciate it!

• Ive just found you can now download and install a Steam Link Beta app to any Android device including phones from the play store so you can maybe test yourself.

• Aw cool I'll have to check it out sometime!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)