Hello Construct 2 Forum!
I've got a bit of an issue here regarding combat-based dynamic controls. I want to make Q and E do different things depending on which button W, A, S, D (not directional) was pressed prior to the use of either Q or E.
Here's the breakdown and what I could think of doing but can't actually do (yet):
- Press 'A' to turn Global Variable 'PlayerCombatState' to "Red". When Red is active, Q does an A.O.E attack and E does a thrust attack.
- Press 'S' to turn Global Variable 'PlayerCombatState' to "Yellow". When Yellow is active, Q is an A.O.E stun/repel and E is a more linear/direct block/stun/repel.
- Press 'W' or 'D' to turn Global Variable 'PlayerCombatState' to "Non-Combat". When Non-Combat is active, Q and E are more mundane actions but I've not decided them as of yet.
This may sound fairly simple at first but I'm also trying to consider:
- How to disable one while the other is active
- How to stop Enemy AI from damaging you when you are in the Yellow state
- How to move the player forwards as they commit to the thrust attack- How to knock-back enemy AI that collide with the player while the player is pressing Q
Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated