Collision checks when collisions are disabled

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hi, everyone!

I have this issue: a simple menu with 5 raster images and background, collisions are set to 'disabled'. In spite of this, I have 600 collisions checks/sec and high processor utilization. What is wrong? Any ideas?

Thank you.

DropBox link (not sure, whether it works or not):

dropbox.com/s/0c25tp4fhk3dwzl/menu.capx

• It's impossible to comment without seeing your project file.

You have probably added something that is making those collision checks, possibly a behavior.

• Thank you for the response. I updated the link at the end of my first post. It does not look like a link though.

• ankas

It's your Mouse: Cursor is over events, they are a collision of sorts.

You can check this by disabling them.

You have 2 per menu item, which is why there are 10 checks per tick.

You can reduce the number of collision checks by using Else, but I'm not sure it's worth it unless you're planning on adding a huge amount of objects and events to the menu and need to eek out every last ounce of performance (which this wouldn't improve much, if at all)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ankas

It's your Mouse: Cursor is over events, they are a collision of sorts.

I found that this is different. When I hover the mouse over the text, 'Poly checks' started to increase, while 'collision checks' remains at 600/sec.

ankas

You can check this by disabling them.

I will try, thank you.

• > ankas

> It's your Mouse: Cursor is over events, they are a collision of sorts.

>

>

I found that this is different. When I hover the mouse over the text, 'Poly checks' started to increase, while 'collision checks' remains at 600/sec.

The collision check won't change just by putting your mouse over the text, the events creating the collisions are still running!

Poly checks increased when you mouse over because it first does a bounding box check (which is now true) then compares against the objects collision polygon.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)