CocoonJS banner ads stopped showing?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
StartApp Ads
$11.99 USD
[ C2 ] [ C3 ] support C3 build service | You can use Banner Ads, Interstitial Ads and Video Reward Ads.
  • bremen, I've got a dumb question for you - so apologies if this appears to be patronizing! Have you set up to refresh your banner ad in the events every - say - 30 secs? I also find that my ads are very quick to appear over wifi but might take a bit longer over mobile network.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You really should be debugging your apps in Eclipse if it's for Droid and Xcode for iOS.

What you will most likely find is there just isn't an available ad at the time you called it. Fill rates are not 100 percent, so there will be many times that there is just no ad available.

• ArcadEd

So is that from a Mopub or Admob comminucation error? When I download other apps they always have ads, Seems almost no point in having a paid version ad free, if my free games are ad free half the time lol

• Colludium No I don't, I just have preload banner at the start of layout and show banner ad bottom on the next layout. But I will add that to the events and see if it works any better. Thank you.

• Colludium No I don't, I just have preload banner at the start of layout and show banner ad bottom on the next layout. But I will add that to the events and see if it works any better. Thank you.

I use to have that same issue, here's what I did to fix it.

On start of game layout, I call in a preload banner Ad. Then after loading all the game variables and game start, I put in a wait 5 seconds, then Show Banner. Works every single time. Way I see it, need to give it some time to communicate with CJS, Mopub, AdMob, then download the Ad. If you change layout, it will reset, and you call in the Ad right away it may not have enough time.

• Or put in a fake loading screen.

So on your title screen when you click START or PLAY, go to a layout that is a loading layout that waits a certain amount of time (showing a progress bar or something) then to your game. This would give ample load time for ads.

• Colludium

Ok, the Refresh every 30 seconds does seem to work. I have however noticed that if you hit the Start button as soon as the game loads it won't preload the banner, and it take 30 seconds before the banner shows up on the game.

Edit: I just saw post, I will try to implement a load screen for the banners. before the Main menu screen

• Interesting - bremen I'm sure that's how it's supposed to be done now you mention it!

I've always used on-start-of-layout : show banner ad and then refreshed it using every-45-secs : refresh-banner-ad (ie I have never bothered with the preload call). This now makes sense because I sometimes don't see the first ad displayed right at the start of the layout.....

• I never use refresh triggers in C2, the Ads will automatically refresh every 60s (or whatever you have) if you set it in AdMob. CJS communicates constantly to Ludei then to MoPub.

• Yeah, same with me , I just make the setting in Mopub.

I do however refresh fullscreen screen ads in C2.

• Every day is a school day.... You're probably right , but what's the refresh banner ad command for if not to force an update of the ad being displayed? Of course, I've been stumbling in the dark figuring out what works and what doesn't - and the refresh command seems to have fixed bremen's problem.

• Well I dunno I just kinda added everyones idea and I just opened and closed my ap like 30 times and it worked everytime

• Every day is a school day.... You're probably right , but what's the refresh banner ad command for if not to force an update of the ad being displayed? Of course, I've been stumbling in the dark figuring out what works and what doesn't - and the refresh command seems to have fixed bremen's problem.

Probably a relic long forgotten.

But just try it, start of layout = preload banner. Wait 5s, show banner.

Works every time and it will self refresh automatically.

I don't use fullscreen Ads so it may differ for those.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)