Please note this is not a commercial venture. I do not want to recreate Club Penguin, Moshi Monsters etc and make millions: I'm just a dad trying a project with my kids <img src="smileys/smiley1.gif" border="0" align="middle" /> .
I'm a .Net developer by trade so am pretty proficient on the coding front but not familiar with game development sdks/engines. My kids have been asking if we can make a Club Penguin style game on a specific theme (guinea pigs!) and so the basic format would be:
- point and click to direct position of character
- character interaction with objects (pick up, drop, give, wear, take 'home' etc.)
- short animated sequences when using objects - e.g. feeding guinea pig, running in a wheel...
- ability to select core map and from there select different zones to move to
- preferable although likely to be the trickiest part: interaction with other guinea pigs (multi-player online) in form of simple conversations, item exchange
I'd just like to know if this is achievable using Construct 2, and if so, whether this sounds like a hugely complex or straightforward project. Alternatively, would anyone recommend a more suitable sdk to do this - GameMaker etc?
Thanks for reading and all constructive comments appreciated.