Chrome 42 out now.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
42 high-quality zombies. This asset is perfect for a side scrolling game, or even a turn based RPG type game.
  • Seems a bit better on my machine. Obviously needs more testing but lets hope it is better than previous versions.

• Better - possibly - but not as good at achieving vsync as IE11. I also ran the developer profiler and there were plenty of <60 fps moments during the 30 sec data gathering. I will try it later with something dynamic and see how it performs. For the time being, here are my results:

Chrome 42

IE11

• Ha well i meant better than previous Chrome versions. Unfortunately IE11 isnt in NW.js

• I keep on searching but there seems to be no useful IE11 based alternative to NW. Sigh...

• I keep on searching but there seems to be no useful IE11 based alternative to NW. Sigh...

IE is not something as open as chromium, so finding a solution using it is unlikely, however, I wonder how a windows webview would work with C2 games (As I think it might be possible than the basic web control in windows is actually the internet explorer version associated).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Regardless if vsync is slightly off, chrome still has the fastest javascript and WebGL performance as far as I've tested informally by running various projects. The issue of occasional tearing isn't nearly as big as the issues IE11 tends to have in all other areas IMO.

• Regardless if vsync is slightly off, chrome still has the fastest javascript and WebGL performance as far as I've tested informally by running various projects. The issue of occasional tearing isn't nearly as big as the issues IE11 tends to have in all other areas IMO.

Its not just tearing, its stutters. Frame latency that varies a lot make fluid 60 fps feel very slow.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)