C2 Shadows VS C3 Shadows

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Here's a shadow from C3:

And the exact same capx file opened in C2:

Is there any reason that shadows simply aren't very good in Construct 2?

What's the reason that if I get too close to the wall, I can see through the wall? I haven't changed any of the settings on either files.

The light source has a height of 0 and a radius of 20. If I change the radius to 0, I get longer shadows, but worse visuals. Any radius over 0 gets shorter shadows.

This isn't an issue in C3. Is it just a bug in C2 that will never be addressed? I brought up this issue years ago, and it's frustrating to see it still here.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You might check to see that you're running webgl on C2.

• It's hard to make sense of the screenshots. But I would guess it's a bug along the lines of "shadows are meant to be infinitely long but aren't" that was fixed in C3.

• You might check to see that you're running webgl on C2.

Hey newt how's it going? Yeah, WebGL is on in C2. Otherwise you can't have soft shadows.

This is really annoying me XD

• It's hard to make sense of the screenshots. But I would guess it's a bug along the lines of "shadows are meant to be infinitely long but aren't" that was fixed in C3.

Hi Ashley thanks for replying.

You're correct that the shadows are not infinite in C2. Am I correct in assuming that there are no plans to fix this bug in C2, and that if we'd like to use effective shadows we need to use Construct 3 instead?

• If it's a C2 error, why do not you open a report?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)