Build android game (Crosswalk)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your own beautiful snowman in this fun game!
  • Hello,

Last year I was developing a game that I was building by some Intel version, that created a Crosswalk build, and I always received the email with the download file:

The Crosswalk build on Android for YN was successful.

But I stopped developing until now. I launched Intel and it was notifying me that I should download the new version of it, so I did it.

So now I build my game and tried to install it to my Android (Samsung S4) and I was not succeed, (Application couldn't be installed is the error message).

Then I realized that the e-mails that I received were saying this:

The Cordova Android build for YINew was successful.

So maybe that's why I can not install it. Is there a way that I can build a Crosswalk application again with the new Intel tool?...

PS. Maybe I'm getting all wrong, if so, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

• I'm not sure, but it seems to me that you built a Cordova export which only works on Android 5+. Go into the Build settings of your project and scroll down to Crosswalk Runtime. Is it set to embedded?

• i'd still use visual studio and it's builder.

you create a new cordova app, add stuff in, through plugin browser add crosswalk and build it. you get an apk, signed and aligned.

• Well I tried to do the same steps with my wife's phone and it works correctly, so it is a problem with my cellphone. Apparently it is an issue with some file named smdl2tmp1.asec that I need to delete or something, since some weeks ago I buy an SD card.

BTW, is there a posibility that I create the game with construct and use it on Visual Studio as saiyadjin said, and then build the game for Android?

• Let me check it and I'll tell you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, it's possible, but you'll build and APK with Cordova like you do with XDK. Only, with Visual Studio you have more freedom to customize the process. But it's not native.

• no, the build is not the same. and that's the difference.

read more about it here:

https://taco.visualstudio.com/en-us/doc ... d-run-app/

also this might be usefull for some: https://taco.visualstudio.com/en-us/doc ... pp-apache/

though as glerikud said, it's not native.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)