Boolean global and local variables?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • It would be nice to have a response from Scirra in this matter. Can we expect it in the near future? Or it's hard to make possible due to limitations in the editor's code? Or will this feature can only be expected with Construct 3?

• Still not implemented..

Ashley: Is there *any* chance to get it in 2016?

• I think at this point it is most realistic to say it might be a feature of C3, but probably not C2.

• | it might be a feature of C3

..This topic was started in 2011!

Ashley: I understand that you have to earn money to get thinks done.

But I think, working on "Construct3" is not good for the users of C2.

Maybe you should reconsider your payment philosophy..

Wouldn't it be better if users pay monthly for getting better version of Construct[2..X] ? For me it sounds like you already have too much work now, but not enough income to employ additional programmers.

A continues payment for the software would be better for you, and, of course, better for the users too.

You would get a more constant payments and users like me would get:

1.) Constant Features and Bugfixes "in Time"

2.) Hobbyists would only pay, if they are really using Construct (they can pause if busy by other stuff)

3.) They do not have to pay a big payment at once, so barrier for trying a paid version is lower

If course, this will need a Internet connection for construct to guarantee the payment policies.

..only what I think what would be better..

• It's not that easy.. Since a lot of the users said that one of the big advantages of Construct 2 is the affordable price tag. I say, that while I really want to see this feature in C2, Scirra warned us that we shouldn't expect many new features for C2.

IMO: I also love that C2 is not a subscription based software. I believe in one time payments and if Scirra is to raise the price tag, I'd rather pay more for Construct 3 one-time and use it whenever I want, then to pay for it monthly.

• This feature is easy to work around just using a number. We get a *lot* of threads like this pressuring us for other features, and we prioritise the ones that don't have good workarounds or are otherwise impossible. I read threads where users are amazed we won't implement some specific feature they want maybe a few times a week, and every one is for a different feature and many of them are significant multi-month long projects. Sorry, we've always focused on other things (e.g. multiplayer, lighting, mobile publishing etc...) but I will try to make sure this is remedied in C3!

• It's not that easy.. Since a lot of the users said that one of the big advantages of Construct 2 is the affordable price tag. I say, that while I really want to see this feature in C2, Scirra warned us that we shouldn't expect many new features for C2.

IMO: I also love that C2 is not a subscription based software. I believe in one time payments and if Scirra is to raise the price tag, I'd rather pay more for Construct 3 one-time and use it whenever I want, then to pay for it monthly.

I would not pay more than the price of other tools at one big payment. Especially if I don't know if any of my games can make money someday. But paying a a little rate, say 96€/Year = 8€/Month I would do it, also only to try something out for one Month or two. (Of course easy cancelable payment (to end of Month) is required)

--

There are other Game Creators out there like: Click Team Fusion 2.5 http://www.clickteam.com/clickteam-fusion-2-5 and the open source GDevelop http://compilgames.net and of course Adventure Game Studio http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk

They all setting pressure on C2..X and could overtake C2..X in the future if C2 does not implement required features. For my point of view, boolean Variable is a piece of cake to implement (like many many other older feature requests). Or it's not a piece of cake, than the implementation of C2 must be really q&d.. so it is not as easy as someone could think.

As I sad, i believe the problem is the only real developer is Ashley.. and maybe there we are back to the continuous money stream needed...

To put it all into a nutshell: For a better Construct (more features, even more rapidly developed, also features for professionals like scripting, more targets ( e.G. UWP ) , I personally would pay on a monthly (fair) basis, but I wouldn't pay more than 99€ at once.

By the way: IMHO, multi platform support for the editor is not needed. If I want to run it on the Mac or Linux, I can use Virtual Box with Windows for it. Also multi Language support is not needed - not for the editor. People who are not (enough) speaking English, are mostly Kids. The problem is: they usually have no own money.

• Scirra has expanded in the near past (they hired a developer), and based on Ashley's posts they plan to expand again. But it's their business how they manage the company.

By the way: IMHO, multi platform support for the editor is not needed. If I want to run it on the Mac or Linux, I can use Virtual Box with Windows for it. Also multi Language support is not needed - not for the editor. People who are not (enough) speaking English, are mostly Kids. The problem is: they usually have no own money.

I see your point, but I think many of the users would not agree with this. IMHO if cross-platform can be supported by designing the new editor towards that from the beginning, it's a good selling point and a welcomed feature by most of the users. Remember, not all C2 developers can run a virtual machine or have stong enough computers to do so.

• Ashley, I was just about to ask about Global Boolean, and found this thread, It's 2017 and still there's no Global Boolean, is this ever going to happen, at least with plugin or something?

And you're working on Construct 3 but C2 is still with bugs.

• Ashley, I was just about to ask about Global Boolean, and found this thread, It's 2017 and still there's no Global Boolean, is this ever going to happen, at least with plugin or something?

And you're working on Construct 3 but C2 is still with bugs.

I don't have a problem with the lack of Booleans since I like option of having more states than '1' and '0'

But yeah there still some bugs present. Even the "music" folder to this day serves no purpose. Music should still be placed on the Sounds folder.

• They're in Construct 3.

• They're in Construct 3.

Could they make an appearance in C2 by way of a minor update?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley, are you planning to completely stop support and bugfixing on C2?

So what if we want these bugs fixed we'll have to pay for C3 as well?

• This isn't a bug, it's a feature request.

• zenox98 is right, moved to Construct 2 general.

It's an oversight from when I made event variables - you can use an integer (0 or 1) for now which is an easy workaround though. Adding this is on the todo list.

Is this still on the todo list for C2?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)