The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

7 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • I see NWjs v 0.21.1 is available for download, anyone tried it already?

It works fine, but i'm on 0.22 now

I tried the beta/nightly builds and they were pretty solid.

Sadly it looks like they couldn't include THIS in time, would've been helpful for gamers with laptops.

They also fixed an issue with single processing, I will silently update the roundup soon.

Generally speaking, Chromium v57 comes with the usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks and nothing really interesting for us C2 Dev's.

WebAssembly is now enabled by default, I hope that we'll see C2 or at least C3 supporting it in the near future.

Yeah that's pretty much everything for this update cycle, NW.js is doing great over the recent couple of months.

My personal highlight this year would be an API to make use of gamepad extensions.

It's a minor feature which would make it possible to access rumble features of certain gamepads.

• The AMD/NVIDIA thing is just brilliant, is it in rev 0.22 beta1 afayk?

• The AMD/NVIDIA thing is just brilliant, is it in rev 0.22 beta1 afayk?

I've asked them about the current progress, let's hope we'll get a response soon.

EDIT: Got a response in less than 5 minutes, just amazing.

(

)

On Windows 7 I get a crash message on exit in preview mode. Exports seem to work fine.

• > The AMD/NVIDIA thing is just brilliant, is it in rev 0.22 beta1 afayk?

>

I've asked them about the current progress, let's hope we'll get a response soon.

EDIT: Got a response in less than 5 minutes, just amazing.

(

)

Still not in the nightly build, not a big deal as long as it will get implemented

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > I see NWjs v 0.21.1 is available for download, anyone tried it already?

>

On Windows 7 I get a crash message on exit in preview mode. Exports seem to work fine.

Works fine on my end. You should delete all files inside your NWjsForC2 Source Folder and install it again.

If it still crashes, please post the list of chromium args that you're currently using and I will see what I can do.

Still not in the nightly build, not a big deal as long as it will get implemented

They are pretty quick and Roger said that we'll get a heads up when it's in.

• Yeah, tried that and it still crashes on exit. Weird.

From package-preview.json:

--disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-software-rasterizer --ignore-gpu-blacklist

• Yeah, tried that and it still crashes on exit. Weird.

From package-preview.json:

--disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-software-rasterizer --ignore-gpu-blacklist

I've had a similar issue like this in the past and it was for some reason caused by the browser plugin.

Could you please check if this crash occurs with other projects as well?

Could you also check if there are any .log files inside the 32bit or 64bit NWjsForC2 Source Folders?

Please upload the file(s) somewhere and share the link in your response, maybe they can give us more info.

• No crashing with new projects, and it only happens on my Win7 machine. Everything is fine on my Windows 8.1 laptop. The crash doesn't produce a .log file unfortunately.

• No crashing with new projects, and it only happens on my Win7 machine. Everything is fine on my Windows 8.1 laptop. The crash doesn't produce a .log file unfortunately.

I honestly have no clue why it happens on your end, also running Win7 here.

This probably won't fix it but could you try to change the preview on LAN address from "localhost (default)" to your local IP address?

It might be worth creating a bug report and let Ashley look into it because it makes no sense to me why it won't work on Win7 only.

• Yeah I'll do that. Thanks for helping out

• Are any of these options going to be added to the export dialogue where you pick things like kiosk mode?

• Are any of these options going to be added to the export dialogue where you pick things like kiosk mode?

We have no info about desktop exporting in Construct 3 yet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)