I would like better refactoring tools

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your craft game come to life with this sounds :D
  • Hi developers of Construct 2

I would really like better refactoring tools.

This is my scenario.

I have an object with x number of instance variables. At some point in my development, I realize that it would make sense to create an object family and that some of these instance variables should be moved to the family.

First problem is that If I create an instance variable on the family it can not be created with the same name. So I have to find all usages of the original instance variable and change that to the new family instance variable (this is why I would like to see a find / replace feature)

Then I have to delete the object instance variable and rename the family instance variable.

Find and replace in the event sheets, is a pain.

Moving instances and objects around is a pain.

Construct 2 is cool, but sometimes it would be so nice if I could just edit the source code directly

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, migrating instance variables up to family variables is a bit of a pain. What kind of solution do you think would be best?

• I agree with you. I think this is Construct2's greatest (one of the very few) weakness, and I'd love to see some kind of improvement about this.

• yes, I'd want this as well! I've ran in to this situation many times. Sometimes I can avoid it by planning my project well, but it'd be nice to have.

• That's why I program my game on paper first .

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)