hi, guys, what is the best way to export for android? intelXDK? coocon? what do you use?
IntelXDK! ...... Cocoon.IO is only good for small games and doesn't support wide ranges of plugins for example the Layout Transition Plugin by — . But that is only my opinion.
Based on experience, i actually tried both of them. IntelXDK was my first one since 2014, then there was a 2015 update on IntelXDK crosswalk that caused a problem (i forgot the other problems but one was about the googleplay depreciation of a certain Cordova CLI version). So i decided to use Cocoon.IO and was i dissapointed since it can't support most custom plugins but it does have a lighter size of .apk than IntelXDK but the drawback was the unnecessary permissions that made the cocoon.io built apps look suspicious. So many people here still held their game releases to wait for IntelXDK to release a better version of IntelXDK because Cocoon.io is just too much of a disadvantage especially that you can't convert an IntelXDK app to Cocoon.IO and vice-versa because of the keystore differences in format.
So after (3~4 months) IntelXDK released a new version and it was a rushed one because of the need. So everyone that waited including me were relieved because not only that the IntelXDK is better and updated , it is also faster than Cocoon.IO.
So long story short, i suggest using IntelXDK . But again that's only my opinion.
- Theoretically nearly as fast as IntelXDK.
- Unnecessary Permissions that makes an app suspicious.
- Less Supported Plugins.
- Black Screen on some cases.
- Music stopping from working when app is minimized and maximized again. But has a workaround by setting background music to "On". This issue is suspected to be a C2 problem rather than Cocoon.IO's.
- Wide plugin support.
- Fastest one i've seen so far.
- A Construct 2 standard.
- Heavier than cocoon.io unless you go to the shared version.
- IntelXDK is turning their focus out on Cordova Apps.
- Music stopping from working when app is minimized and maximized again. But has a workaround by setting background music to "On". This issue is suspected to be a C2 problem rather than IntelXDK's.