Is it a bad idea to make your free GP game only playable if

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
********* Bad snowman enemy game character ********
  • Is it a bad idea to make your google play game only playable if the person is logged in? Like they gotta log in to their GP account in order to be able to play, (as well as post to the leaderboard.)

This would ensure that they can't play the game unless connected to the internet, and thus they will see ads? Then they would have the option to buy the premium version/pay iAP to unlock full game, that has no ads, no login requirement, and can be played offline.

Good idea? Too draconian??

I once released a premium game and it got pirated unto a foreign android site, for free.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is it a bad idea to make your google play game only playable if the person is logged in? Like they gotta log in to their GP account in order to be able to play, (as well as post to the leaderboard.)

This would ensure that they can't play the game unless connected to the internet, and thus they will see ads? Then they would have the option to buy the premium version/pay iAP to unlock full game, that has no ads, no login requirement, and can be played offline.

Good idea? Too draconian??

I once released a premium game and it got pirated unto a foreign android site, for free.

well this depends on your game. If your game needs a login / internet connection to get data from a cloud service (like Google Firebase), then yes.

However only allow player which are logged in in GPG to play due to see ads, will give you a lot of bad reviews.

I would let the player the choice, so you might earn less, but you get better reviews and so more player in total, which can aslo lead to higher income then.

Regards

Andy

• I see, that is true. The ads though come out 50% of the time though. There is the option to buy the premium version, which would be a separate app.

Slightly unrelated, but When I was submitting my app, there was the option to wrap it in Googles new API that it does automatically. I said no thinking it might cause the already fragile-like stable game to crash.

But yeah, again, I see your point. : /

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)