No Audio in WP8 / WP8.1

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
100+ Musical High Quality Sound Effects for your game!
  • I tried to put my game on my phone to start testing for WP8/8.1

Performance is GREAT on the new OS. OOTB, 8.1 is near perfect native.

Only problem I've seen is that when I use the Windows Phone plugin, the audio doesn't happen at all. No music or sounds. I checked the names and the URIs and they look ok.

When I use native C2 audio calls, it crashes after a short while.

Anyone know what I did wrong?

• Don't use the Windows Phone plugin. Just export a universal app for WP8.1+ and it will be able to play the .m4a files like IE usually can. WP8.0 has pretty poor HTML5 support so I'd recommend only targeting WP8.1+.

I've been able to see crashes on WP8.1+ still from playing too many audio tracks, but you'd need to contact Microsoft about that, it's an IE bug.

• Don't use the Windows Phone plugin. Just export a universal app for WP8.1+ and it will be able to play the .m4a files like IE usually can. WP8.0 has pretty poor HTML5 support so I'd recommend only targeting WP8.1+.

I've been able to see crashes on WP8.1+ still from playing too many audio tracks, but you'd need to contact Microsoft about that, it's an IE bug.

I'll start pestering the IE guys on twitter, thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Do you have any stack traces for this? My app is crashing but it is not throwing any errors related to audio. Microsoft folks are asking.

• No, it previously threw an exception on audio.play() which I coded to just be caught and ignored so the entire game doesn't fail, but then the browser/app just quits. I guess the crash could be unrelated to audio, but I think it does work fine if you remove all audio playback.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)