Get Audio from File Chooser?

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • I'm making an audio visualizer: https://ibin.co/34q0EXKVKX3g.png

I want to be able to choose audio with the file chooser, and it would play the song and visualize it. I've searched for a way to do this but there doesn't seem to be one. If I was able to choose the file, save it into the music or sounds folder, then play it from URL or something that would work. It is not possible for me to do this, however, because of limitations with C2.

I'm wondering if there is any way to do this, or if not, potentially add the ability to do this to Construct. By the way, it must be the Audio object. I have seen that it's possible to play audio by choosing a video file, but the Audio object has the FFT sample, which I need to visualize.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.

• Does it only do waveform? I'm using spectrum.

• LoneVox

It supports waveform or spectrum(FFT) both, like official audio does.

• How do I change it to spectrum? In the capx you have it set to waveform and I'm not sure how to change it.

• Does it only do waveform? I'm using spectrum.

spectrum? can u explain that?

im interested more cause it sounds like are 2 separated things, but it might be either ur confusing either im out of loop.

spectrum from my knowledge is the audio spectrum which is the range humans hear... but wont make a difference on a visual audio waveform representation since its basically the same thing as waveform.... isn't it?

can you show what your using as a spectrum with the audio plugin? im just curious on your approach.

• I kinda get how an audio spectrum works. You can use a method of analyzing data called a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), which converts an input for a point in time, into a frequency. I hope that's what it is . You don't really need to know how it works to understand what you can do with it. For audio you would get the waveform and apply an FFT to it, and you get an audio spectrum. So all it's doing is changing the input data. Waveform is raw audio.

• I kinda get how an audio spectrum works. You can use a method of analyzing data called a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), which converts an input for a point in time, into a frequency. I hope that's what it is . You don't really need to know how it works to understand what you can do with it. For audio you would get the waveform and apply an FFT to it, and you get an audio spectrum. So all it's doing is changing the input data. Waveform is raw audio.

ah ok so you where just using the basic audio analyser effect basically as i was ... nothing different. awesome

• ah ok so you where just using the basic audio analyser effect basically as i was ... nothing different. awesome

Yeah . What are you using it for? I can help you out if you are making a bar visualizer. Or any other thing.

• >

> ah ok so you where just using the basic audio analyser effect basically as i was ... nothing different. awesome

>

Yeah . What are you using it for? I can help you out if you are making a bar visualizer. Or any other thing.

i was thinking you found another way for smoothing out the beat detection, like getting the right values for bass and high pitched notes.

like comparing which data is a snare and which is a bass drop, but im guessing if ur using the audio analyser u wold use the general flow and get almost the same results, as i did which are not perfect... not atleast as i want them.

but ur more then welcome if u want to help or see what im doing il send u a capx in pm.

• LoneVox

I updated this capx, just changes parameter "waveform" to "ff" to enable fft analyze.

API of Analyser is here

• LoneVox

I updated this capx, just changes parameter "waveform" to "ff" to enable fft analyze.

API of Analyser is here

well ... lol and i was thinking that isnt possible... this is great rex solved all my old requests ha .. thanks for this

Rex? is the smoothing automatically added or we can change it as we wish? by adding another "smoothing" under the fft size?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, I don't have plan to improve tone.js plugin recently. Maybe later.

• I tried ToneJS Plugin but the analyser is different from the one of the Audio Object. I prefer the way the Audio Object does it.

I don't understand why the user shouldn't be allowed to upload his/her own audio files in runtime. When I ulpoad an uncompressed file in my project, Construct converts it in ogg and m4a. Why not in runtime? The user could be told to upload only wav or flac files, so it would work on any browser.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)