Array Bug.. is there something i am doing wrong ?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Hi there,

Found a strange behavior... this time it really look like a bug but again i am not sure. Through all i can say is that the result from a session without debugging and a session with debugging give different results.

Basically i am just iterating in an array. Look at my events... the debugging session generate a TONS of console message.. it shouldn't happen. The hilarous thing is that the debug session show the result correctly ( 2 dot at right corner) but the session without debug put both dot at the same location.. any ideas ? i am a bit desesperate... not the first time i use array and that this result happen. I had to redesign the way i was using a feature to avoid using an array because i had strange problem... but i didn't know it was the array the problem. Now that tell an hint.

My events..

mediafire.com/view/h8m3wmz0evfn0ff/events.png

With debug... (seem to do an infinite loop...)

mediafire.com/view/66xvnr8dq63bvet/with_debug.png

Without debug... (act normally. But the result is not right.. put both dot at the same place)

mediafire.com/view/069l7ii59h4ctll/without_debug.png

Thanks for any help! Greatly appreciated! If you ever seen that before.. please drop a message lol

EDIT: Figured out that the function DrawMinimapOnScreen is called 1 time in normal and called 81 times in debug. That may explain why, at least a part of it... so its not related to arrays.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Fixed. It was something related to my auto adjusting the hud.. that was called too many time.. the debug session seem to resize the viewport at start which explain why i didnt get the same result in both startup.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)