To .apk without html5

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • I wonder if Construct 2 can export games directly to the Android applications (.apk ) bypassing html5 project in the near future.

Services like CocoonJS, PhoneGap, appMobi are good but not enough optimased, IMHO.

Game Maker is better in this way at the moment :I

• We're discussing another potential option (haxeNME, exports to native PC Mac Linux iOS android flash as well as html5) here: http://www.scirra.com/forum/ejecta-and-construct-2_topic58502_page1.html

• Is there a specific problem you are having with CocoonJS or directCanvas? It would be better to solve problems with these technologies rather than rewriting our entire engine.

• Hi vladoss,

If you want to know what CocoonJS can do for your game or you need more info, please contact us. We are sure We could help you! Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is there a specific problem you are having with CocoonJS or directCanvas? It would be better to solve problems with these technologies rather than rewriting our entire engine.

I don't want you to rewrite the entire engine.

I just asked :I

• I think Ashley was in part responding to the link I posted to the discussion about haxeNME in another thread.

• I have been developing software in C++ for 21 years.

No tool or sdk is a miracle solution.

C2 is great for making html5 games for desktop. That's why I bought it!

For developing mobile games I use other skds, and so should you for now. Maybe in 2014, mobile browsers and mobile hardware will be so powerful that html5 2d platform games will run at 60fps with very fluid movement.

You have to be flexible and learn different technologies that will do the job best for that one particular project.

• Unfortunately, as Ashley said, this would involve rewriting the entire engine.

• whats the easiest way to wrap? phonegap seemed kinda complicated for me.

• In my experience, cocoonjs is easiest for android and harder for ios - you need a modern Mac to use an up to date version of xcode. Note that physics doesn't work and I think we're stuck as ludei are waiting for scirra to fix the physics object while scirra are waiting for a cocoonjs update...

Phonegap and Intel XDK are easier for ios once you get your head around how the Apple developer certificate security system works (good tutorials by Ashley and others on the web). Both seem buggy and require work (and are rubbish on android, see black screen threads) and are very slow on ios.

But on a proper computer rather than a small hand held communication device, C2's html5 games rock....

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)