anyone written a device performance probe?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Different mobile phones run different FPS. Has anyone done anything in JS to detect the relative speed of the device? I have seem some JS which just loops for a few MS to see if its an iphone 3 (very slow)or iphone 4 for example.

Obviously I can use the System-> Is on mobile device, but this doesnt tell me if if Im running say ipad3 (which is very fast) or an ipad 1 (which I need to no do some animations etc.)

Any ideas?

I could just do a loop a 100 times and see how long it took, but you never know what the phone is currently doing.

I use the browser string to see if its an iphone or ipad at least, but you cant do much more than that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is the standard performance test we use to get an impression of a device's performance. It takes about a minute to run. You should not make a performance test that measures event performance, because most games spend 80-90% of their time in rendering.

If you're trying to measure performance on startup, there's no good and reliable way to do that - just have a setting for effects, e.g. low, medium or high.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)