Has anyone uploaded a C2 game to apple appstore

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Red Apple Game Sprites Suitable for side scrolling, action, adventure, and endless runner game.
  • I also just got my first game approved from apple late last night and it's available on the appstore.

This game is pretty simple so I was able to use PhoneGap with the LowLatency Plugin for phonegap. Compiled everything with Xcode so I was able to include iAds as well.

itunes.apple.com/us/app/word-search-4-kids/id564990078

Already my game as made more on the Apple App Store in ad views in 8 hours than the same game has on Google Play running AdMob for the last week. Just an FYI.

• You too? Wow this is great! Hoping I'm next in the next few days.

• Already my game as made more on the Apple App Store in ad views in 8 hours than the same game has on Google Play running AdMob for the last week. Just an FYI.

awesome sauce...

• I also just got my first game approved from apple late last night and it's available on the appstore.

This game is pretty simple so I was able to use PhoneGap with the LowLatency Plugin for phonegap. Compiled everything with Xcode so I was able to include iAds as well.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/word-search-4-kids/id564990078?ls=1&mt=8

Already my game as made more on the Apple App Store in ad views in 8 hours than the same game has on Google Play running AdMob for the last week. Just an FYI.

You didn't make that with an unregistered version of C2 though, I imagine. 20 levels, only 100 events? Unlikely.

• Ok, okay. Has anyone uploaded an "full game."? You know, sound effects, music, moving objects, parralax background, effects of somekind? Basically anything more than a puzzle game?

• I'll send info on my game when I can give the full write up :)

Just waiting to sort out some of the content on our website.

• You didn't make that with an unregistered version of C2 though, I imagine. 20 levels, only 100 events? Unlikely.

No, I have the full version. I just never received a badge on the forums for it, for whatever reason. There was a thread about that issue a while back.

Anyway, no I own a personal version of C2. If my game ever makes me 5k, I will be happy to upgrade to business :).

• ArcadEd - your badge is showing up here. It isn't there on your computer?

• ArcadEd - your badge is showing up here. It isn't there on your computer?

Wasn't showing yesterday when I read that topic but it is now, so probably someone fixed that ;)

• Yeah, I emailed Tom about it and he fixed me up :).

• It's absolutely possible to make a "real" mobile game on construct2.

But it requires a great deal of skill right now we are in this position:

PhoneGap. Possible with a more than average knowledge of obj-c. My new game (that I'm deciding about publishing it with cocoon or PG) is a simple puzzle game (but not static, think tetris) with more than 80 sprites on screen (all moving) and I get around 40fps constant. On my iPhone4 the cpu goes to 99% constant though and that's the only reason for moving away from PhoneGap. Possible? Yes! Hard? Yes.

To achieve this I optimized both the C2 engine and PG as well, and I can't publish the modification because are made specifically for my game. With the amount of effort I put into making it work I could've easily done it in obj-c.

Sadly PhoneGap is not ideal for making games, but has the advantage of supporting Game Center and all the plugins for Construct2. But, and I want to stress this, it's possible to publish games with PhoneGap.

CocconJS. I think that the support that C2 is currently offering is lacking, but this is the way to go. My game runs at constant 60fps with minimal cpu use. The issue here is the lack of a "Game Center solution" and support for anything else plugin wise. But with cocoon it's possible to publish full fledged games with tons of moving sprites and effects.

• What about the new WebGL effects? Will Cocoon make these available for mobile devices? I'm wary to use them if they only work on a desktop. I'm wanting AdjustHSL, which doesn't seem terribly intense of an operation. Then again I have no idea how the internal workings of mobile devices operate.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What about the new WebGL effects? Will Cocoon make these available for mobile devices? I'm wary to use them if they only work on a desktop. I'm wanting AdjustHSL, which doesn't seem terribly intense of an operation. Then again I have no idea how the internal workings of mobile devices operate.

Possibly for future, Blackberry 10 supports WebGL effects on mobile.

• Sony Xperia is WebGL-enable

• I have tested my game on my iPad mini using CocoonJs. It runs fine. My game will be played at an exhibition. I am considering to pay for an iOS Developer program. Will my game run as an .ipa similar to how it runs in cocoonJS?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)