Android interstitial ads locking up/black screen

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm nearly finished with a game, using Cocoonjs for export, which includes working in-ap purchases and ads, all works great when exporting to IOS or Android (finally....) EXCEPT that most of the time, interstitial ads on the Android version just lock up the game instead of displaying the ad, OR then just show a black screen instead of the ad, locking up the game (sometimes there's even the red x at top right during the black screen, but it does not successfully close the locked up ad, and the game is therefore stuck and must be closed)

Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, what was the solution, if any... or, if you don't have this problem, could you please share exactly which ad networks you're using for the interstitials, and what their settings are?

Thanks,

Mike

• No one? How about people who have successfully got interstitials working on their Anroid game, without any freezes....?

Thanks

Mike

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • do you use the latest version of Ludei plugin?

I was checking interstititals a few months ago, and the only issue I had were "portrait" ads showing in "landscape" game (and after clicking "X" CocoonJS was zooming-in layout). Of course I had selected "landscape" ads only in MoPub dashboard.

• I'm using the latest version of everything, and have all ads appropriately set to portrait (its a portrait format game).

Thanks for taking the time to try and help.

cheers,

Mike

• Are you using plugin from ludei github or using from construct 2 default plugin?

The github one got some bug when preloading the interstitial ads. I've fixed the plugin but didnt upload to github yet.

You can find the updated plugin in one the cocoonjs thread. Or wait for me to post the link to you. Im no using my pc right now.

• Are you using plugin from ludei github or using from construct 2 default plugin?

The github one got some bug when preloading the interstitial ads. I've fixed the plugin but didnt upload to github yet.

You can find the updated plugin in one the cocoonjs thread. Or wait for me to post the link to you. Im no using my pc right now.

• Thanks SOOO tumira, I am currently using the one offered as a zip file on github.

I'll try to find the one you fixed, but for other people who find this thread, could you link to the post with the proper link here as well? This whole cocoonjs plug-in thing is such a mess, the more clear things are for people the better.

cheers,

Mike

• https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/658 ... eenFix.zip

Just replace the one from Github.

Also if you are using webstorage with your game, see the CocoonJS Error Log. If there is error regarding common.js in webstorage. Just create an empty commonjs file and replace the one in webstorage folder. I dont know why, but some people does have this bug. I need to do this every Construct 2 update.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)