I am having trouble with Signalling Server

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hey, I just bought the Signalling Server package from the Scirra Store, and I haven't been able to get it working quite how I'd like to yet.

After much troubleshooting on my own I have decided to come here for further help. Basically my problem is that if I run the server with my localhost IP (127.0.0.1), it works fine!

It is when I try to use my actual IP (xx.xxx.xxx.xx), that I run into problems. First of all it doesn't seem to be starting properly. Here is what I get:

Your environment has been set up for using Node.js 0.12.7 (x64) and npm.

C:\Users\XXXXXX>node sigserv

Construct 2 multiplayer signalling server v1.0

Loaded settings from config.js

Unable to find SSL key file 'ssl.key'. Reverting to insecure server.

Server name: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Operated by: XXXXXX

Starting signalling server on ws://XX.XXX.XXX.XX:80...

Server running

events.js:85

throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event

^

Error: listen EADDRNOTAVAIL

at exports._errnoException (util.js:746:11)

at Server._listen2 (net.js:1139:19)

at listen (net.js:1182:10)

at net.js:1280:9

at dns.js:85:18

at process._tickCallback (node.js:355:11)

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:503:11)

at startup (node.js:129:16)

at node.js:814:3

** I have replaced some information with XX's for privacy reasons.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• Bump, Still haven't solved

• I don't think this is anything to do with the signalling server. It's probably just to do with your network configuration. The "address not available" suggests that you do not have permission to run a server. You might need admin permission, you might need to change your firewall settings to allow server hosting on ports 80/443, or something else like that. You might also have the wrong IP!

• I don't think this is anything to do with the signalling server. It's probably just to do with your network configuration. The "address not available" suggests that you do not have permission to run a server. You might need admin permission, you might need to change your firewall settings to allow server hosting on ports 80/443, or something else like that. You might also have the wrong IP!

or sure it is the right IP Address, Like I said I have been troubleshooting a lot, Even for a few days now. And I have also made adjustments in my firewall to allow more rules with port 80 and things like that. I have tried things like closing skype and other software that might be using that port as well. If I am able to host my own website off my PC as well as other game servers, why am I not able to run a signalling server?

• Are you certain you are running it with administrator permissions?

• Are you using your external IP or the computers internal IP address?

192.168.1.??

or

235.64.215.43 something like this

• Are you using your external IP or the computers internal IP address?

192.168.1.??

or

235.64.215.43 something like this

I am not using the 192.168.x.x address, How ever i did also try that at one point. I am using my actually IP Address

• Are you certain you are running it with administrator permissions?

Yes, I am, Have tried right click and "Run as admin" I just always get the same result with everything I try.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • OK. My experience with NW.js is that you need to use the address the DHCP gives the computer. If your on a router then it's going to be 192.168.x.x or some such number. Using the address that the router is using won't work as that address is the router address. Then once you have the server running on the local internal address that it's assigned. You will need to do some port forwarding.

I would also suggest avoiding port 80, a lot of ISP block hosting on port 80 although internal networks are still fine.

"Error: listen EADDRNOTAVAIL" - Error ADDRess NOT AVAILable

I get this error everytime when I use anything but the computer assigned address. This is why know that the address NWJS must use is the computer assigned address.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)