Any alternative to official Audio plugin?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for an alternative to falling shapes, fully documented in comments and video
  • Official Audio plugin just doesnt really work and im not interested into reporting this to bug forums.

I get reports of audio being played few times in a row on ios devices or just not playing at all in case of ipad1.

Similiar goes for android. On top of that playback manages to be choppy for half of the time if anything is going on screen. Preloading or playing it from start doesnt make a difference at all and im quite fed up with ths situation.

Anyone figured some alternative? Any good js libraries to work with sound that could be made into plugin?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You should report bugs in the Audio plugin if you find any. Ideally it will work fine for everyone everywhere and no alternatives will be necessary.

• You should report bugs in the Audio plugin if you find any. Ideally it will work fine for everyone everywhere and no alternatives will be necessary.

Ashley

Reporting just bug wont help a lot because it can be summarized in very simple sentence.

"When music is loading if you tap screen constantly it will start playing few times in a row overlapping itself even 20 or more times"

I seriously think that most reasonable thing to do would be to maybe make a movie how that is happening because literally there is nothing wrong in my project. It is reproducable with any construct2 game always on ios. Not sure about android but it maybe work fine there.

I did partially work around this problem by:

1. preloading music

2. playing it muted.

3. waiting around 10 seconds so music can bug really, really hard and play like 50 times in background but it isnt heard because audio is muted

4. stopping audio track. Or more accurately saying it stops 50 copies of same track.

5. unmuting

6. playing track. It will play once now.

On top of that im waiting with preloading for first touch of screen because if i dont it bugs out in some other way.

Audio plugin is just broken.

• PKrawczynski - nope, can't reproduce in iOS 7.1 with Space Blaster running in preview-over-Wifi with r165. You have to make proper bug reports otherwise we cannot see the same thing you do and therefore cannot fix the problem (if there is one).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)