AirConsole Game Dev Contest 2017

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I said in Construct 2

Quick question, did you read my tutorials?

• I said in Construct 2

Quick question, did you read my tutorials?

i read it :

• Good. This teaches the bases. Then you download the pong exemple, with the the capx and you will learn how the controllers talk to the game

• Good. This teaches the bases. Then you download the pong exemple, with the the capx and you will learn how the controllers talk to the game

I understand how the code works in c2

I don't understand how to create your controller.

• Then you'll need to read again, the screen shots can't be better explained sorry.

https://developers.airconsole.com/#!/guides/construct2

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Then you'll need to read again, the screen shots can't be better explained sorry.

https://developers.airconsole.com/#!/guides/construct2

I read and reread it.

I very rarely ask for help on the forum only as a last resort,yesterday I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out how it works.

in the example is <button id="up">MOVE UP</button>

is the code that sends the message

$("#up").on('touchstart', function () {

airconsole.message(AirConsole.SCREEN {

});

});

I understand that $("#up") is button id="up"

but if I have <div class="dpad-dpad arrow-arrow-up"></div>

I should write so ?

$("#dpad-dpad arrow-arrow-up").on('touchstart', function () {

airconsole.message(AirConsole.SCREEN {

});

});

• That's basic jquery... # is a id selector, . is a class selector. You don't need to write anything if you use the controller generator, generate, export, follow instructions, and just do the construct 2 side

• That's basic jquery... # is a id selector, . is a class selector. You don't need to write anything if you use the controller generator, generate, export, follow instructions, and just do the construct 2 side

I tried to learn but then the question is why isn't it working for me or what am I doing wrong?

I generated controller instructions.

• You need to use the on message key condition in Construct 2 to capture these events, as I said before already. The packet will come in a form of a c2 dictionary which you will need to read and act as needed for your game. For more infos, read my second tutorial about airconsole expressions

• You need to use the on message key condition in Construct 2 to capture these events, as I said before already. The packet will come in a form of a c2 dictionary which you will need to read and act as needed for your game. For more infos, read my second tutorial about airconsole expressions

why not come to the message?

• Use 'on message key' and not 'on message from any' as I told you already twice

• why can't I play airconsole on windows phone 8.1?

edit: i have not tried "desktop" mode on the phone yet, i will try that when I get home.

• Because windows phone is not supported?

• Because windows phone is not supported?

all it is, is playing in the browser. Windows 10 Mobile is supported, but it blocks you on 8.1. It does not make much sense, is there any reason behind it? Is the browser lacking some sort of support....other frameworks like Air Console work no problem with 8.1, even using web sockets. So I don't see on the front-end why it would not work.

It is a big deal in my house atleast, almost everyone uses a 8.1 phone. When people come over to play these types of games, they usually use my spare 8.1 developer devices when their phone is dead, or they forget a phone.

• You should contact airconsole for that, on airconsole.com

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)