I have not seen this posted yet, but has anyone had any issue with "OnDeviceJoin" failing to trigger sometimes?
I have not tested this in real world scenario, only the simulator.
I took the pong example, added a browser.log and simply put "Device joined" in the trigger event. If I add, say 5 devices, at random only some of them process this trigger. Maybe device 3 and 4 don't show the browser log, but 5 does.
Edit: Interestingly enough, if I check the connected device IDs, the missing ones (the ones construct did not get the handshake or the device join trigger for) are listed. If I reconnect that device, it will sometimes connect.
Looks like I can get away with hacking away at the code, but it is not as clean as simply using the deviceJoin trigger.
Edit Edit: Psychokiller1888 some interesting stuff here. I added onConnect to your plugin, to try and debug my issue above. I am not able to get a device to connect everytime, but what is weird is why the handshake is sometimes failing. Through debugging it would appear that the controller sends the handshake (or atleast tries to), but the screen never gets it. When this happens, the onConnect saves the day (on a high level, I am using both Device Join trigger, and a trigger I made for OnConnect, in order to solve the issue at the moment).
I don't know why or how this is possible, I am hoping it does not mess up the actual messaging beyond the handshake. I am too tired to go further at the moment, I will try again tomorrow (it would appear, messages are fine, just the initial handshake has trouble sometimes).
Tip for anyone starting out, add a version tracking number on the screen, so you know if your cache cleared or not.