Adding Steam Achievements

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Hi

I'm preparing my game on Steam, and was hoping to add achievements. I've found the Greenworks plugin, but it doesn't appear to be working. Digging around results in people suggesting different combinations of the nw framework and exporter. So far I haven't been able to get an export that starts (either a black screen, crash, or error message). I have followed the instructions on the Greenworks page.

Basic question is, can I add achievements to my steam game, and what do I need to do?

• Yes you can, using the greenworks plugin. That thread is completely messy though, and no one knows for sure how to get it to work sometimes. Ashley is holding off an update until a proper release of the new NW which will (hopefully) have less problems with hiccups.

You have to use Node-Webkit 0.10.x if you want it to run well and use the greenworks plugin. You can do so by either looking around in that thread or installing a old version of C2 that came bundled with it, then you just have to replace the files in the NW 0.12.x folder. After that you can install and try the plugin.

Also you cannot preview while using the plugin, you'll have to export your game to try it out. Also read that threads first post to see the instructions, the .txt part is important.

• Yeah, I have followed the instructions, and I downgraded to NW 0.10.5, but I can't get it to work with either the greenworks 0.3 or 0.4. I can't really wait for an update (not without knowing when, exactly it will be released anyway).

• What problem are you having exactly?

• After exporting the game, and adding the steam_api.dll and changing the name of the exe, it either crashes upon start, or is stuck with a black screen.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I did manage to get it working, at least on pc for now. Using greenworks 0.3, nw 0.10.5, and an older version of the steam_api.dll.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)