How can I add anti-aliasing?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • It's already there, but if an animation is being played then the edges aren't really smooth...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • BUMP please

• It's a 2D game... if the edges aren't smooth it means your graphics aren't right or you'r doing something weird with scaling/resolution.

• Having awful looking edges usually means you didn't leave a 1 pixel transparent border around the image. Pretty much every time I've pressed the crop button it will automatically add the 1 pixel transparent border for you.

• Antialiasing usually only applies to 3D games. In Construct 2, a different technique is used: when you press crop it automatically leaves a 1px transparent border around the edge. This is not actually antialiasing, but it does help give rotated objects a "smooth" edge. Try pressing crop on any objects with sharp edges - it will add a 1px transparent border if there isn't one already.

• Antialiasing usually only applies to 3D games. In Construct 2, a different technique is used: when you press crop it automatically leaves a 1px transparent border around the edge. This is not actually antialiasing, but it does help give rotated objects a "smooth" edge. Try pressing crop on any objects with sharp edges - it will add a 1px transparent border if there isn't one already.

Yea of course I crop every single image, why the hell wouldn't I for a player sprite?

And with the program I rendered it with (Blender) I set the AA to x16 and if you check the preview of the player sprite you can see its smoothness:

mediafire.com

It's just when an animation is being played that it's not smooth.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)