Windows 8 Object - Fails to run with test mode "No"

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Problem Description

Exporting a Windows 10 universal app and running in Visual Studio with Test mode set to yes on the Windows 8 object works fine. Switch Test mode to "No" and the app crashes at run time in VS

Seems it might be related to this bug report:

Attach a Capx

Any project that uses the Windows 8 object for a windows store action, typically for IAP

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Export project as Windows 10 Universal
    • Load the exported solution in VS
    • Proceed to run it

Observed Result

Expected Result

The app should run as it does when you have exported with test mode set to "Yes"

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 x64 version 1607 OS Build 14393.10

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 r233

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "Windows 8" object doesn't exist anymore was changed to "Windows Store" to reflect UWP apps.

Yeah, it's the same issue as my topic.

• The icon still shows it as the "Windows 8" object though in construct (at least in my version) which is why I have referred to it as such

• This looks like a bug in Windows - it used to work fine, but now merely accessing the "licenseInformation" property causes it to throw an "unknown runtime error" exception :-\ I've worked around it for the next build which prevents it crashing, but it means none of the licensing features are available - so you can't access purchases, test if in trial mode, etc. If that's a problem for you, you might want to take it up with Microsoft.

• I'll try and raise issues for both the Fullscreen and this issue.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)