Windows 10 Cannot Build App in VS2015

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • Problem Description

I am getting the same error as here https://www.scirra.com/forum/r210-windows-10-export-build-issues_t150802

After I export my project and try to build it in VS2015, I get an error saying the Target Version is not supported. I have tried a few things recommended on google and in the thread above, such as:

Repaired VS

Reinstalled VS

Changed the Target Version

Re-built the solution

Tried multiple different test capx's

Made sure description, author, etc was filled out

Attach a Capx

None...all capx do this, even the sample ones included with construct

Description of Capx

Not capx related that I can tell

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Export capx to windows 10 Try building or running solution in VS2015

Observed Result

An error occurs referencing target platform version

Expected Result

It should build and run

Affected Browsers

Not browser related

Operating System and Service Pack

Most up to date Windows 10

Construct 2 Version ID

v211

Any suggestions?

• Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines: you must attach a .capx that reproduces the problem, and please include all relevant information inside the bug report itself without referring to any other threads (which usually is just confusing because the thread talks about a bunch of other unrelated stuff)

• Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines: you must attach a .capx that reproduces the problem, and please include all relevant information inside the bug report itself without referring to any other threads (which usually is just confusing because the thread talks about a bunch of other unrelated stuff)

Ashley, did you read this, or did you just see no capx and closed it? The first thread had barely any information about the bug in the report...I thought I included more. I thought I was pretty clear that any capx is doing this, including the samples that come with construct. Now I have to recreate this, with the exact same information and include the sample capx, that you already have. Seems pointless.

In this case, including the first thread was very relevant. It shows what I have tried and what solutions have already been suggested. The thread was only a few post, not hundreds of pages. I explained the issue, and included the thread to show more if people were curious but it was not needed for the bug report itself, it was supplementary. Guaranteed, if I did not link to it, someone would have told me to look at that thread and try the solutions there.

So, before I go recreate this. Any comment on what exactly you want? Otherwise, I am literally recreating it exact same with the sample capx's that everyone already has.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The thread you linked to referred to an issue in r210 which was fixed in r211. Therefore I assume the problem you are having is unrelated to that entire thread. As per the bug report requirements a .capx is mandatory. The rationale for all this is explained in the bug report requirements. Please follow them to ensure any problems can be investigated and resolved effectively.

• Ashley instead of just closing the bug, why can't it just be re-opened and I include a capx? Closing it just to have me create a new one clutters the searching and bug section, would it not?

EDIT: Issue resolved. It seems reinstalling VS2015 multiple times does the trick. When I say multiple, I mean 5-6 times did it for me. Nothing different each time. Pretty weird.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)