Windows 8 bugs

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hello,

I have found that Pinch-to-Zoom/Rotate moves the canvas around in fullsceen mode using the simulator in Windows 8. This of course is not good at all as it kind of breaks the game. I know it's just a experimental build but just wanted to point it out if you didn't already knew.

/Fredrik

• Are these the system gestures (like a 4-finger swipe) or literally just pinching? What device are you testing on? If you're using a simulator I guess it's not real touch input?

Our code tells the browser not to handle touch input, because we handle it ourselves, so it seems odd it would still override that.

• I caused the bug using rotation touch mode and sometimes Pinch/zoom touch mode. And yeah it's the simulator so it's not real touch. Maybe that's why it's happening? It's generally when I use rotate/pinch/zoom around the edges that the error occurs. I have posted an image of how it looks like when i can start moving the canvas around.

I'm using the Bouncing Balls example, the only thing I have edited is setting Fullscreen in browser = Scale

http://i.imgur.com/yD7aC.png

If I set fullscreen to = off you can pretty much freely move the whole canvas around and even outside the screen using the same modes.

Sadly I don't have a real multitouch device to test this on, it might just be a fault with the emulator but I can't test that. Oh, I can't reproduce this with the example apps that come with Visual Studio 2012 so I'm not convinced.

• That's really weird, I don't have a real Windows 8 touch device to test on though. So it might just be a quirk of the simulator, no way to tell until a real device comes out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have analog problem...

In real sensors devices

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)