Win 10, Construct 2 Won't Open On Correct Mointor

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • Problem Description

Hello! I have dual monitors and my C2 won't open it's windows on the correct monitor. Is there a way to set which windows, such as the image editor, to always open up on the extended monitor, or the monitor that has C2 running? I am doing this as Win 10 has issues hiding the taskbar and I want to be able to work on the monitor that has no taskbar!

I reset dialogs and it just puts it back to the monitor with the taskbar.

Attach a Capx

N/A

Description of Capx

N/A

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Open C2 on Dual Monitor
    • Step 2 Close out and open again. See where the image editor opens.
    • Step 3 etc. Reset dialogs and see if it fixes. Then close and open again and see where the image editor goes.

Observed Result

This is a temporary fix but an annoying one as I am recording daily!

After more extensive trial and error, C2 itself loads up on the extended monitor (perfect) but the windows don't (Image editor, not perfect). I reset dialogs and it will reset to the extended monitor (yay) but when I close out and open back up, it does not save the image editors position. (nay).

Expected Result

Win 10 Should save the position for the windows the program pops up depending on the monitor. Maybe this is a driver issue? What are your thoughts?

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 10 Professional

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 Stable r227

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't reproduce here - I have dual-monitors running Windows 10 and windows always appear on the last monitor you left them on, which is by design. I tested with the image editor and it can open on both monitors just fine, always appearing in the last place you left it. Note if you drag the main C2 window to a different monitor that doesn't automatically mean all other dialogs will appear on that monitor, but you only need to drag them across and their position will be remembered too.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)