WebGL water effect bug

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • Problem Description

Water gets buggy after leaving a browser tab with a game open overnight (i fold the laptop)

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Add water effect to any sprite in the project (normal, not background water)
    • Leave that preview browser tab with water effect active overnight while laptop is folded or stationary PC asleep
    • See if the water becomes buggy.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 206

Fix would be great!

Thanks!

• Buzz!

Looks like the effects are speeding up to the point where it becomes really buggy after a while (if the tab is open in the browser)

Tried to solve by "Browser->On resumed->Turn off effect for object->Wait ~0.2sec->Turn the effect on back again.

This was made in order to reset the effect so it could show up normally again when the user switches back to the tab after a long time.

Sadly, it didn't work.

Also tried Browser->On resumed->Destroy object->Wait ~0.1sec->Create object in the same place again. This was also made in order to reset the object's effects but it didn't work as well.

***It also affects 1 more effect in the same manner called "Plasma Rainbow" by "Gameswarp".

i guess it could be the case for all of the WebGL effects in Construct2, not only water. So it becomes more important then.

Anyone's Solution or fix from Scirra would be great! Ashley, zenox98

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as duplicate of https://www.scirra.com/forum/warping-effect-degenerates-over-time_t125348. I think it's to do with the precision of floating point calculations becoming reduced as the timer value increases to high values.

• Closing as duplicate of https://www.scirra.com/forum/warping-effect-degenerates-over-time_t125348. I think it's to do with the precision of floating point calculations becoming reduced as the timer value increases to high values.

Thanks for reply ASHLEY.

In the topic you posted the reporter says that the bug appears only on mobile devices. In my case it appears on PC.

Solution would be great! Isn't there any?

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)