WebGL on - objects disappear in the editor

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Problem Description

I have a demo capx which is reduced from a game I am working on. When the capx is opened all objects on the layout are visible; however, scrolling left or right or zooming in and out on the layout causes most of the objects to disappear - and the ones that remain visible cannot then be selected using the mouse. The only subsequent way to see these missing objects is to deselect WebGL.

Attach a Capx

[attachment=0:abm5ftxv][/attachment:abm5ftxv]

Description of Capx

The capx contains a few objects and a family containing some of these objects.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Zoom in and out on the layout using ctrl + mouse-wheel
    • Alternatively - scroll left or right by dragging a scroll bar in the editor

Observed Result

After a short period of scrolling or zooming, most of the objects in the editor can be seen to disappear and none of the remaining objects can be selected in the layout editor. Deleting some of the objects or the Family sometimes rectifies this fault.

Expected Result

The objects should always be visible in the editor.

Affected Browsers

• N/A - this bug appears in the editor.

Operating System and Service Pack

Tested and reproduced on W8.1 x64 and W7 SP1 x64.

Construct 2 Version ID

r170

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You are using SpriteFont+ plugin, can you remove it and post your file again?

If I think right it might be released to this bug

https://www.scirra.com/forum/spritefont-tint-stretched-text-in-layout-view_t105820

where using webgl effects make sometimes random objects displace or vanish from editor.

• shinkan, I think you could be right. If I delete the SpriteFont+ object from the original project then the fault immediately disappears.

• Oh. that's nice... I mean, not nice at all but, this proves that there is something wrong with WebGL and editor. Cause same thing (object displacement, display issue) happens for mr with SpriteFont, Sprite, TiledBG, 9patch and now SpriteFont+

• It's a weird one - if I delete the Family or the SpriteFont+ object then the problem goes away - but the SpriteFont+ object is not part of the Family...

• Closing, we cannot accept bug reports based on third party plugins.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)