Webcam template example does not allow switching cameras

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • Problem Description

The Webcam template example has a dropdown list that allows the user to switch the camera being used (so the user can switch from front camera to rear camera). Switching does not work. Regardless of which camera I select in the dropdown, it always picks the front facing camera.

I tried this on three different Android phones (published as a website). Chrome required that I use an https connection.

Attach a Capx

Capx is the Example: Webcam Level:Intermediate

Get a webcam feed from the user's camera using the User Media object.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run the HTML5 project on an Android phone with two cameras
    • Switch camera
    • Expected: The video feed switches

Observed Result

Video feed does not switch. Always selects front camera.

Expected Result

The video feed switches

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 221 (64-bit/Steam)

Built at 13:39:54 on Jan 18 2016

• This is os specific.

You would do it via a Cordova plug.

There may be one on the store.

• Not sure I understand your suggestion. Please elaborate.

I tried exporting to HTML5 and then opening with Chrome on my Android device.

I also tried exporting to Cordova then building APK sing Intel XDK. When I go this route, the dropdown that's supposed to show camera sources shows nothing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Changing camera's isn't covered in the html5 standard, so it has to be done with a third party plug, if one exists.

• Hi,

Me too have raised the bug over same feature. I just want to add that in Firefox user is able to switch to front and back camera both but this problem is visible in google chrome. Also want to point that in older version of construct, switching cam features used to work fine but in latest versions it is not working only front cam opens. Here u can say that chrome has changed permissions api's etc but I think it is construct team responsibility to find a work around for fixing it and open rear camera too. Have requested Ashley also for same but I think he ignored my raised bug ticket. If u guys find any solution plz let me know.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)