Webcam stopped working

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Problem Description

When trying to using the Webcam example that comes with C2 it no longer works.

Attach a Capx

Attached

Description of Capx

Webcam example that comes with C2.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Load Capx Press play button. Observed Result I get the following error message in the target browser (firefox): Javascript error! SecurityError: The operation is insecure. http://localhost:50000/preview_prelude.js, line 189 (col undefined) Expected Result To use the camera. Affected Browsers
      • Chrome: (YES/NO) Unknown
      • FireFox: (YES/NO) Yes
      • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Unknown

Operating System and Service Pack

WindowsXP SP2

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 173

• I'm using Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64 and Construct 2 R173 x64

Chrome 35: (YES)

Firefox 30: (YES)

Internet Explorer 11: (NO)

• Can't reproduce in either Chrome or Firefox here. Make sure you didn't previously deny permission in preview, otherwise the browser will block any access from localhost ever again unless you go in to settings and clear the block.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley I have a project I'm working on that that requires the webcam function to call upon the camera feed as a background. I got it working on HTML5, tested on a few Android devices also working, but on iOS devices it comes out with "Not Supported! Try using Chrome 21+"

Is there a way to resolve this or can you create a plugin to resolve this issue? I'm willing to do this as a paid job. Thanks for any help!

• Pariunos - please don't reply to closed bug reports. Also like the error suggests iOS Safari simply does not support the feature and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)